• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New Recorder

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

I lost my digital recorder somewhere and don't always have my little Stealth Epic with me...so I went shopping. I wanted something that had other uses.

I have a Palm that records well and has a lot of uses including WiFi, but it is slow to start the recording if your rushed (Like talking to an irate cop).

I looked at a lot of things and then ran across a couple of MP3 players that recorded.

After looking at all of them, I chose the Sansa. It has FM radio, plays MP3's video's Photo,s, etc and the recorder is a spin the dial and hit a button. Very good quality recordings also.

It wasn't as inexpensive as my recorder but at $150.00, it ain;t gonna break the bank either. I'm also more likely to have it with me.

A side benefit is there are a number of carry cases to chose from including an armband. It records very well from inside the armband without the usual rustling I got from a pocket.

Might be worth considering for those of you that don't have a recorder yet.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Been considering one of the new mini camcorders - up to 2 hours audio & video.

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip_ultra_specs.II.shtml

A friend bought one from Best Buy for 140.00 and likes it very much - I was impressed with the download quality and very small size. Uses AA batteries too.

Only draw back that I see is 4 sec. power up time. Would still carry digital voice recorder. Note to self - need more pockets. :)

Yata hey

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Grapeshot wrote:
Been considering one of the new mini camcorders - up to 2 hours audio & video.

http://www.theflip.com/products_flip_ultra_specs.II.shtml

A friend bought one from Best Buy for 140.00 and likes it very much - I was impressed with the download quality and very small size. Uses AA batteries too.

Only draw back that I see is 4 sec. power up time. Would still carry digital voice recorder. Note to self - need more pockets. :)

Yata hey
I have one of thes Grapeshot.
http://www.epicstealthcam.com/

It works pretty well but is slow to get into action
Works great on my helmet though

PM sent:lol:

architect

imported post

peter nap wrote:
I looked at a lot of things and then ran across a couple of MP3 players that recorded.

You know, actually, an mp3 player that records might actually be better than a straight voice recorder.

"Excuse me officer, just a moment while I shut off my music...now what was that you asked me?"

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

architect wrote:
peter nap wrote:

You know, actually, an mp3 player that records might actually be better than a straight voice recorder.

"Excuse me officer, just a moment while I shut off my music...now what was that you asked me?"
That is a very interesting ploy.

I like it! :D

Yata hey

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

peter nap wrote:
I lost my digital recorder somewhere ..........snip
Did you ask Zeus? :lol:
When he grows up your motorcycle might turn up missing. :celebrate

Yata hey

BB62

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

peter nap wrote:
...After looking at all of them, I chose the Sansa. It has FM radio, plays MP3's video's Photo,s, etc and the recorder is a spin the dial and hit a button. Very good quality recordings also...
There are lots of Sansa's - which one did you pick?

Do they all have recording capability?

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

BB62 wrote:
peter nap wrote:
...After looking at all of them, I chose the Sansa. It has FM radio, plays MP3's video's Photo,s, etc and the recorder is a spin the dial and hit a button. Very good quality recordings also...
There are lots of Sansa's - which one did you pick?

Do they all have recording capability?
The Sansa View 8 gig and I added a 16 gig card.
http://www.sansa.com/players/sansa_view

No, they don't all record