Thread: Open Carry in Ottawa and Osawatomie

Post imported post

I have opened carried a few times in Ottawa and Osawatomie. Mostly from my vehicle to the gun shop or from the vehicle to the family business. Is there anyone on here who has had issues with local or county law enforcement. I like to keep my .38 loaded in my vehicle but don't want to do that if its gonna tick off the local or county enforcement officers. Thanks for any help you can give.

Post imported post

I'd say you should check out ksccw.com b/c they cover all aspects of ccw including car carry and storage. What's legal and what's prudent may not be the same things in every case. But locking a loaded firearm in a vehicle in rural KS doesn't seem like such an issue as compared to KC; as far as theft.

Post imported post

I don't lock my revolver in my car. I bring it inside with me and lock it up in the store. First because it is a liablity and secondly because it is a gun. I was really wondering if anyone has had any negative experiences with these two local or county agencies and if so did it get bad? I know most of LEO's I have ran into are very kind and willing to help with just about anything. But then again I know they have to do there job or what they believe to be there job. Thanks