• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry in Ottawa and Osawatomie

KE7QXB

imported post

I have opened carried a few times in Ottawa and Osawatomie. Mostly from my vehicle to the gun shop or from the vehicle to the family business. Is there anyone on here who has had issues with local or county law enforcement. I like to keep my .38 loaded in my vehicle but don't want to do that if its gonna tick off the local or county enforcement officers. Thanks for any help you can give.

captainamerica

imported post

I'd say you should check out ksccw.com b/c they cover all aspects of ccw including car carry and storage. What's legal and what's prudent may not be the same things in every case. But locking a loaded firearm in a vehicle in rural KS doesn't seem like such an issue as compared to KC; as far as theft.

KE7QXB

imported post

I don't lock my revolver in my car. I bring it inside with me and lock it up in the store. First because it is a liablity and secondly because it is a gun. I was really wondering if anyone has had any negative experiences with these two local or county agencies and if so did it get bad? I know most of LEO's I have ran into are very kind and willing to help with just about anything. But then again I know they have to do there job or what they believe to be there job. Thanks