• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Open Carry friendly business map!!!

NavyVA

imported post

Ok, here it is.

I've been working on this for a few days after seeing postings of where everyone has been able to OC. Time to start tracking the locations here on this map. By using the below link, everyone should be able to add their experience locations. I started with my visited locations and placed the following info in the description:

"Visited by NavyVA(username) on May 18, 2009(date)."
If someone has already added a location and you later visit, just add your information line below the previous Visited by...

By no means does this replace the threads already begun for NoVA, Hampton Roads, or any other location threads for VA. Just think that it is something that we can use and show to businesses that don't allow OC to take a look and see that there are so many places that do. Maybe to use as leverage to get them to change their minds.

Here's the link:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF&msa=0&msid=111764395978897996921.00046a22a87ad563c0934

Click on save to myMaps and it should let you add your own places that you've visited. I've used green markers as (Positive businesses).

If you have questions or problems, pm me with a phone number and I'll call to assist. I can pm back if you don't feel comfortable giving out your number.

If you guys agree that this is a good idea, maybe we can make it a sticky.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Not trying to burst your bubble, but I've put one of these together a while ago and have quite a few places already listed.

Feel free to check it out at http://friendorfoe.thesecond.us/

You can rate businesses as positive or negative, and leave feedback on your experience. I'm working on adding a couple new features that should be ready soon, and possibly will be writing a WM app or an iPhone app for those on the go.

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No need to be discouraged, as there's no sticky for my site and it's not an official OCDO open carry map. I just didn't know if you were aware one existed.

I wondered why there was never a map done for the last several years and finally decided to write one. And now, they seem to be popping up all over. :)

bnkrazy

Campaign Veteran
imported post

You just add like it's a new rating/review. If the business already exists, it will simply add the rating, otherwise it will create both a business listing and rating.

That way, you don't need to search first. Just add where you went and let it figure out how to store it.