• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Flexing some muscle

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

Just a thought. When the Deer hunters of Wisconsin wanted the Earn-A-Buck law removed, they banded together with land owners and gave the DNR the ultimatum - Stop Earn-A-Buck or we will close our land for public use. This meant even for snowmobile trails and ATV trails. that got DNR's attention. Earn-A-Buck has been taken out of the picture at least temporarily. Now most of the landowners in Wisconsin are hunters and fire arm enthusiasts. Maybe there is some leverage to be used here. Maybe this is something that could be addressed in the radio ads. Like a plea to Wisconsin land owners to close their lands in support if legislators will not abolish these gun control laws. After all DNR is the reason for this whole transportation law maybe we should hit them where it hurts. I would even give up hunting for a year or two in support of the cause, just to hurt the state financially to get their attention.

Just a thought.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I like that type of thinking. I don't like being pesimistic but in this case we need grass roots elected officials.< yeah lets see that happen. The fact is VERY FEW Wisconsin representatives are willing to put the constitution before them and repeal the gun laws.........So what can we do?.....Were doing agood job right now, I mean we made a bunch of progress.You have a good idea with the landowner thing, especially with the DNR,we would have to mix that with other methods.

Then again look athow Wisconsin regards our rights. There is barely any pro gun place in Wisconsin, NO township or county is willing to fight at all for gun rights....... And the state legislature/senate aren't willing to fight for them either........ We just lost a pro gun guy running for Wisconsin Supreme COurt, why.....?

There is no definate route in this journy of re-establishing our rights! Lets start Paving!

Ben

patriotguy

imported post

We need to support state level representatives and senators who are pro gun. Also, we need to get rid of anti-gun democrats and RINOs. Don't expect any pro gun legislation while Doyle is in office. He will veto anything pro gun, and strong arm any pro gun democrats into voting against an override. Again.

We need a republican as governor (I support Walker), and republicans to gain control of the state legislature. There is a good chance of this happening.

If you live in an area where you have a democrat representing you, continually call and email them, letting them know your opinion. Be respectful. Ask them their specific position on OC and CC. If they waffle, hold their feet to the fire until you get a definite answer. If they are anti-gun, support their challenger, if there is one.

I email my state representative and senator regularly, and am on their email lists. I have spoken on the phone with my representative, who is very pro gun, about some legislation I thought he should propose. His answer was very straight forward. Until Doyle is gone, no pro gun legislation will pass.

Until that happens, we need to continue to OC, and make our position known. People like Brad, Jesus, Riley, and Nik have been well spoken about this in interviews (sorry if I missed anyone).

What will help our cause is educating people about OC, and removing myths and fear.

J.Gleason

Banned
imported post

WI Patriot wrote:
What will help our cause is educating people about OC, and removing myths and fear.
I agree this will help our cause but so will joining with land owners and forcing their hand. It all boils down to money and open lands for public use brings millions of dollars to the state every year. If you don't think that would get their attention think again.

I am all for talking to my state rep as a matter of fact, I have spoken to mine several times and he is an extreme supporter of gun rights.

When it comes to Doyle, and trust me I am a state employee, I know that you have to use the same under handed tactics he uses if you want to get anywhere.

He was a horrible attorney general, I don't know why anyone thought he would make a good governor.

I still think we should broaden our options and try to win the support of the land owners as well.

borrowed time

imported post

J.Gleason wrote:
WI Patriot wrote:
I agree this will help our cause but so will joining with land owners and forcing their hand. It all boils down to money and open lands for public use brings millions of dollars to the state every year. If you don't think that would get their attention think again.

I am all for talking to my state rep as a matter of fact, I have spoken to mine several times and he is an extreme supporter of gun rights.

When it comes to Doyle, and trust me I am a state employee, I know that you have to use the same under handed tactics he uses if you want to get anywhere.

He was a horrible attorney general, I don't know why anyone thought he would make a good governor.

I still think we should broaden our options and try to win the support of the land owners as well.
Good idea JG, made me think of something else, I'll start another thread as to not derail this one.