• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anyone planning to go see Glenn Beck at the Richmond Coliseum?

user

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Slightly off-topic, but related to the tag line on the subject heading.  This phrase, "pro-gun", drives me nuts.  Are we defining ourselves solely in reaction to the people who call themselves, "anti-gun"?  
I couldn't care less about guns, pro or con.  They're tools.  I'm "pro-gun" as to the gun that shoots the snake that's about to bite the baby, and "anti-gun" as to the gun that's about to shoot the bank teller during the robbery.
I am, however, very much "pro-self-defense".  By playing into the other side's characterization of the debate, we lump ourselves together with the robbers and murderers, who are presumably also "pro-gun".  
I strongly suggest that we make the "anti-gun-violence" people play on our field.  The issue is whether people may exercise their right to defend themselves and their families; the "right to keep and bear arms" is an abstraction others take as a justification for murder.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

user wrote:
Slightly off-topic, but related to the tag line on the subject heading. This phrase, "pro-gun", drives me nuts. Are we defining ourselves solely in reaction to the people who call themselves, "anti-gun"?
I couldn't care less about guns, pro or con. They're tools. I'm "pro-gun" as to the gun that shoots the snake that's about to bite the baby, and "anti-gun" as to the gun that's about to shoot the bank teller during the robbery.
I am, however, very much "pro-self-defense". By playing into the other side's characterization of the debate, we lump ourselves together with the robbers and murderers, who are presumably also "pro-gun".
I strongly suggest that we make the "anti-gun-violence" people play on our field. The issue is whether people may exercise their right to defend themselves and their families; the "right to keep and bear arms" is an abstraction others take as a justification for murder.
I suppose that I could have said "pro-self defense" or "pro 2A"....just didnt think it was that big of a deal in relation to the topic.

ProShooter

www.ProactiveShooters.com, Richmond, Va., , USA
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
So which is it? Is Glen Beck for or against 2A and our right to OC and CC?

Here's a nice link that should answer your question - http://www.glennbeck.com/content/articles/article/198/7209/

I love how he says "When we start to ban the words of our own founding fathers, when we start omitting their words and their intent, we are in trouble. My children in homeschooling will learn those words"

fairfax1

R a Z o R

Banned
imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Glenn Beck is great . + 1

He told O'Reilly that the PC way of saying New World Order was Transnationalism . Beck also said to watch out for the CIFTA Treaty because Our RKBA will be gone with our sovereignty .

nova

imported post

fairfax1 wrote:
Not to mention back when he was still on CNN, AR15.com sent him a "tactical pitchfork" that included a pistol grip and light. On his radio show webcam he was seen pulling it out from under the table, 'aiming' it and flashing the light at the webcam. I consider Glenn Beck "one of us" in terms of gun rights.

mpg9999

imported post

user wrote:
Slightly off-topic, but related to the tag line on the subject heading. This phrase, "pro-gun", drives me nuts. Are we defining ourselves solely in reaction to the people who call themselves, "anti-gun"?
I couldn't care less about guns, pro or con. They're tools. I'm "pro-gun" as to the gun that shoots the snake that's about to bite the baby, and "anti-gun" as to the gun that's about to shoot the bank teller during the robbery.
I am, however, very much "pro-self-defense". By playing into the other side's characterization of the debate, we lump ourselves together with the robbers and murderers, who are presumably also "pro-gun".
I strongly suggest that we make the "anti-gun-violence" people play on our field. The issue is whether people may exercise their right to defend themselves and their families; the "right to keep and bear arms" is an abstraction others take as a justification for murder.
I prefer the term pro-freedom and anti-freedom.

fairfax1

imported post

nova wrote:
Not to mention back when he was still on CNN, AR15.com sent him a "tactical pitchfork" that included a pistol grip and light. On his radio show webcam he was seen pulling it out from under the table, 'aiming' it and flashing the light at the webcam. I consider Glenn Beck "one of us" in terms of gun rights.
gif.gif

crazydude6030

imported post

Glock27Bill wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
So... Wylde?

What's your boggle?

+1

I watch him, but if he's blowing smoke up my chimney, I'd sure like to know about it.
Same here. I used to listen to his radio show before CNN picked him up. I don't think anyone airs him on the radio in NOVA anymore though.

wylde007

imported post

I just think he talks out of both sides of his mouth. He's just radical enough to get the fringe conservatives riled up, but he never really says the kinds of things I would like to hear.

Sure, he supports gun owner rights. He also supports the republican party. Let's not bust open that hornets nest.