• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Publish list of Wisconsin lawmakers and their grades

borrowed time

imported post

J.Gleason gave me an idea, make a list of Wisconsin lawmakers and grade them according to their stance on open carry and guns in general. The NRA used to have, or still do, have a similar grading system.

This way we can start to get information out ahead of time, instead of waiting for the election when everyone is bombarded with information at once.

The problem assemblymen can realize that they change to help their voting block or they might not have an easy time for re-election. I had Tom Nelson D-Kaukauna at my door soliciting votes a few years ago, and I asked why he voted against concealed carry. His reply was that the law was in place for 160 years and he saw no need to change. Funny how some lawmakers think the constitution is outdated, but old laws that fit their agenda are OK. Now he is an up and coming politician, young and will be around for awhile. This is the guy to vote out right now, he will not be our friend.

Anyway, does anybody think this is worthwhile, or a waste of time? If doable, how would we do it?

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

How would we do it? Easy, start with the Democrats, subtract the small handful that are OK, and give the rest an F. That takes care of half the legislature right there.

borrowed time

imported post

Shotgun wrote:
How would we do it? Easy, start with the Democrats, subtract the small handful that are OK, and give the rest an F. That takes care of half the legislature right there.
I thought about it, but was trying to be nice and not alienate someone who might be a fencesitter. (Must get awfully sore sitting like that.)

Shotgun

Wisconsin Carry, Inc.
imported post

borrowed time wrote:
Shotgun wrote:
I thought about it, but was trying to be nice and not alienate someone who might be a fencesitter. (Must get awfully sore sitting like that.)
If they've cast votes, they're off the fence one way or the other. If they're new and haven't had an opportunity to vote, and haven't made definitive statements as to their stance, I'd give them an "incomplete" or "unknown."

I wish the politicians would be as sensitive to alienating larges segments of society!