Thread: CCDL Article IV Debates

Post imported post

Deleted For Privacy of CCDL By-Laws

Post imported post

Deleted for CCDL Privacy

Post imported post

10-4 Justin Thanks!

Post imported post

As we arenot imposing dues as a requirement, don't see how it can be a voting criteria.

Post imported post

Article IV looks good to me.

Except that to be a voting member it looks like all you have to do is pay dues.

I thought that we were going to place a clause in there about meeting attendance or help at special events, kind of like time served or something like that.

I looked at our FB page and read the Constitution again and see no mention of this in there.

The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.
    Join Here: http://www.ccdl.us/membership

Post imported post

I think we need to strike sec b of this article and rework it...it is not advisable to institute a policy that allows buying a vote...I agree with Lenny, I thought that the voting members would be those who actively participate by attending meetings/functions and that the non voting members would be those that do not meet that criteria or as outlined in sec c.

Post imported post

Once the Constitution is completed we should consider some different levels of membership and possibly giving shirt or maybe a hat, determined by the money paid to the organization. Kind of like the NRA does with life members and such. However this would be in the future.
    The Connecticut Citizens Defense League is a non-partisan, grassroots organization devoted to advocating rights affirmed by the Constitutions of the United States of America and the State of Connecticut. We are especially dedicated to protecting the unalienable right of all citizens to keep and bear arms, for the defense of both self and state, through public enlightenment and legislative action.

Post imported post

It's sticky no matter how you slice it, becauseI feel this Org should be, andhopefully will be for the most part a hands on activist org that shows up for picnics, demonstrations, gun shpps for promotions, Legislative sessions and meetings.

I can call Phillip Van Cleeve of the VCDL and get some input on their voting policy if noboby minds? Whatever it is it "may" point us in the right direction...

Post imported post

Great idea I think...keep us posted...do they require dues for membership????

Post imported post

I will try to find all of that out.

Post imported post

VCDL is a membership by dues organization $25 per year. Its on there website

http://www.vcdl.org/static/index.html

Post imported post

Thanks Lenny, I will ask about their voting policy,I left Phillip a message this evening.

Post imported post

I'll hold my comments until we hear back about the VCDL voting system.

Post imported post

Id think you'd have to be at least present at some meetings/events in order to be eligible to vote. I'd also like to see some kind of commitment to the org, dues, shirt purchase, etc but understand that if we say we are not requiring dues to join then it flies in the face of that. I'm sure these discussions happened at VCDL too so perhaps they can enlighten us better as to how big of a deal this is.

Robert

Post imported post

Still waiting to hear. I don't want to hound them, soI will be a bit more patient.

Post imported post

Anticipation of the reply from VCDL is killing me!!!

Post imported post

Deleted

Post imported post

hmmmm...much to ponder....by the way...I know that I was noticibly absent from the forum for a time...but I am back and thinking all of the time

Post imported post

So far I like a lot some of their ideas. Some would simplify things for us as an organization. Others would need some tweaking to work for us.

Post imported post

Wife of Protector wrote:
    hmmmm...much to ponder....by the way...I know that I was noticibly absent from the forum for a time...but I am back and thinking all of the time
    Susan you have been missed. We are counting on you to do that thinking stuff for us!!! Thank you!!

Post imported post

romma wrote:
    Officers/Board Of Directors
    I think we've got this more or less wrapped up in a way that works for us.
    [line]
    Executive members: Currently VCDL has 52 EMs. They did not start that way, the took People that showed up at the initial meetings and voted them in. The number is fixed, but can be changed of the B.O.D. votes to do so.
    I suppose this could be a possibility. It's certainly worthy of some discussion.
    [line]
    Also founders of VCDL were made permanent members written into the By-Laws to maintain the integrity of the Org.
    I like this idea. You guys who got together initially to get this up and running would be ideal to make sure the focus of the organization doesn't stray too far from it's initial goals. At least, not without good reason.
    __________________________________________________ __________________

He suggested we start out as a payed Org, even if it is $15 a year to give General Members a stake in the membership.
    We've already agreed that we shouldn't force annual dues as a condition of membership. I'd like to keep it this way, but perhaps voting members should be required to pay annual dues as well as attend meetings/CCDL functions.

Post imported post

Code:
    We've already agreed that we shouldn't force annual dues as a condition of membership. I'd like to keep it this way, but perhaps voting members should be required to pay annual dues as well as attend meetings/CCDL functions.

This has never been made official by the Org.Most expressed a desire to at least start out this way to enticemembership. But serious gun owners that want their rights fought for may consider this:

Join The Movement

And Protect Your Rights

For less than a box of ammo

Post imported post

We all have to remember that our organization will soon be promoting who we are and to do it effectively it will take more money than we are taking in at meetings with just the donation process.

Investments need to be made in the T-shirts or whatever other promotional items we might want to use, so that we have them on hand to sell at whatever functions that we attend. (cost to attend functions also)

There are numerous costs involved with the operation of an org like ours.

Just the cost of the meeting space is $600 dollars a year, I know it is not huge dollars, but the donations for the hours cannot keep coming from a select few.

We have a tax ID# and we have to start generating revenue to keep us moving towards our goal of making ourselves known to our law makers and the general public.

Maybe my years in the corporate world makes me think to much about profit margins and such, however we have to put some thought into it to ensure our success.

Post imported post

It is all worthy of debate. If we don't weigh options,then we will be hampered in many ways.

Post imported post

This has never been made official by the Org. Most expressed a desire to at least start out this way to entice membership.
    I realize the constitution hasn't been adopted as a whole, but I thought the passage of the below quoted part at the last meeting implied it was largely agreed upon.
    Deleted

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast