• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

CCDL Article IV Debates

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Article IV looks good to me.

Except that to be a voting member it looks like all you have to do is pay dues.

I thought that we were going to place a clause in there about meeting attendance or help at special events, kind of like time served or something like that.

I looked at our FB page and read the Constitution again and see no mention of this in there.

Wife of Protector

imported post

I think we need to strike sec b of this article and rework it...it is not advisable to institute a policy that allows buying a vote...I agree with Lenny, I thought that the voting members would be those who actively participate by attending meetings/functions and that the non voting members would be those that do not meet that criteria or as outlined in sec c.

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Once the Constitution is completed we should consider some different levels of membership and possibly giving shirt or maybe a hat, determined by the money paid to the organization. Kind of like the NRA does with life members and such. However this would be in the future.

romma

imported post

It's sticky no matter how you slice it, becauseI feel this Org should be, andhopefully will be for the most part a hands on activist org that shows up for picnics, demonstrations, gun shpps for promotions, Legislative sessions and meetings.

I can call Phillip Van Cleeve of the VCDL and get some input on their voting policy if noboby minds? Whatever it is it "may" point us in the right direction...

GoldCoaster

imported post

Id think you'd have to be at least present at some meetings/events in order to be eligible to vote. I'd also like to see some kind of commitment to the org, dues, shirt purchase, etc but understand that if we say we are not requiring dues to join then it flies in the face of that. I'm sure these discussions happened at VCDL too so perhaps they can enlighten us better as to how big of a deal this is.

Robert

Wife of Protector

imported post

hmmmm...much to ponder....by the way...I know that I was noticibly absent from the forum for a time...but I am back and thinking all of the time

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

Wife of Protector wrote:
hmmmm...much to ponder....by the way...I know that I was noticibly absent from the forum for a time...but I am back and thinking all of the time
Susan you have been missed. We are counting on you to do that thinking stuff for us!!! Thank you!!