Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Perpetraitor gets shot, then run over, twice

Post imported post

I read this today in the June 2009 edition of American Rifleman. I felt compelled to share after almost splitting my side in laughter.

When a man armed with a gun allegedly kicked in Derrick Murray's back door and shouted that he was a police officer, Murray wasn't buying it for a second. "The suspect and his accomplices outside were talking in street slang," Murray explained. Police say Murray quickly retrieved a semi-automatic rifle and shot the intruder, causing him to flee. But the story doesn't stop there. The intruder ran outside, where he was run over by his own getaway car. The panicked driver then backed up, running over him a second time. The suspect will face charges pending his release from the hospital. His two accomplices are being sought. (WFIE 14 News, Evansville IN, 03/16/09)

Post imported post

wow. sucks for him.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Some days, for those that refuse to work for a living, it 's better to just stay in bed.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Some days, for those that refuse to work for a living, it 's better to just stay in bed.
    Or better yet, stay in bed permenately.

Post imported post

How to fail at being a criminal 101? Oh, wait, I thought this was Jeopardy and that was the answer...

Post imported post

Godscreation wrote:
    wow. sucks for him.
    +1

Somedays you're the paper target, somedays you're the speedbump. Somedays you're both...

Post imported post

"Murray quickly retrieved a semi-automatic rifle"

How much you wanna bet that it was a hunting rifle like a 30-6? Those are semiautomatic. I love how the media uses buzz words like "high cap mags" for STANDARD 30Rrds or "semi auto handgun" or "assault rifle" for a semi AK47.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

Knock, knock. (say kick, kick)

Who's there?

Weez be da Pol-leese!

Bang, bang.

Bump, bump.

Bad on da job scene, Liz!

:celebrate

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.ö Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Post imported post

Task Force 16 wrote:
    Yeah, my flower bed.
    Remember Peter Nap and Skidmark. Do them proud. Be active. Be well informed. ALL rights matter.

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when you may have to back up your acts with your life."

--Robert A. Heinlein

Hey NSA! *&$# you. Record this--- MOLON LABE!

Post imported post

The intruder ran outside, where he was run over by his own getaway car. The panicked driver then backed up, running over him a second time.
    *radio announcer voice*

The suspect same away from this having learned his lesson well, that crime does not pay.

Post imported post

The suspect will face charges pending his release from the hospital.

I gotta say one thing for that cull; he's pretty tough to have survived a shooting and getting twice run over by a car!

Any bets that he gets a nickname out of this? "Yo, Speedbump! What's the haps?"
    "You can teach 'em, but you cant learn 'em."

Post imported post

Statesman wrote:
    I read this today in the June 2009 edition of American Rifleman.┬* I felt compelled to share after almost splitting my side in laughter.┬*

┬*When a man armed with a gun allegedly kicked in Derrick Murray's back door and shouted that he was a police officer, Murray wasn't buying it for a second. "The suspect and his accomplices outside were talking in street slang," Murray explained. Police say Murray quickly retrieved a semi-automatic rifle and shot the intruder, causing him to flee. But the story doesn't stop there. The intruder ran outside, where he was run over by his own getaway car. The panicked driver then backed up, running over him a second time. The suspect will face charges pending his release from the hospital. His two accomplices are being sought. (WFIE 14 News, Evansville IN, 03/16/09)
    If you are a law abiding citizen, and somebody barges in at 'o dark thirty screaming police, shoot them or die because I guarantee they are not the police.

Post imported post

occupational hazard.

Post imported post

Godscreation wrote:
    "Murray quickly retrieved a semi-automatic rifle"

How much you wanna bet that it was a hunting rifle like a 30-6? Those are semiautomatic. I love how the media uses buzz words like "high cap mags" for STANDARD 30Rrds or "semi auto handgun" or "assault rifle" for a semi AK47.
    I bet it was a ruger 10/22 because when I grew up in Indiana centerfire rifles were not legal hunting arms. I believe they still are not although I have not lived there for 25 years.
    If Obama is the answer; how stupid was the question?

Post imported post

inbox485 wrote:
    If you are a law abiding citizen, and somebody barges in at 'o dark thirty screaming police, shoot them or die because I guarantee they are not the police.
    Really? The police never do this?

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:
    I'm surprised at you 'Hawk.

Now, you know police are the very souls of moderation, the embodiment of self-sacrifice and commitment to rights.I would have thought you, of all people, would not be misled by things like "high risk entry team" and"special operator" nor the paramilitary gear.

:P

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:
    1 - I'd say your odds are at least 10 to 1.
    2 - If you're wrong, you get shot.

Never said it would be a good situation.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

inbox485 wrote:
    SNIP 2 - If you're wrong, you get shot.
    Supplementing, not contradicting.

You can still get killed:

http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6476
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

Post imported post

Citizen wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:
    SNIP┬* 2 - If you're wrong, you get shot.
    Supplementing, not contradicting.

You can still get killed:

http://www.cato.org/raidmap/

http://www.cato.org/pub_display.php?pub_id=6476
    Another good reason to defend your castle while it is still your choice to.

Post imported post

Really, thanks for the link. I just finished skimming about the first fourth of it. It reminded me of when JPFO published articles about a survey of Marines from 29 Palms asked if they would fire on US civilians if ordered. The overwhelming response was not only no, but a resounding hell no with a full magazine unloaded on the treasonous puke that would order it. I guess SWAT officers don't have the same respect for US citizens. They are all to willing to play out every cliche of a jack booted thug.

Here's the one that really got my blood boiling:
    http://wcco.com/iteam/swat.team.honored.2.783216.html
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317398,00.html

Raid the wrong house, beat up innocent home owners for defending themselves and get metals for pushing forward with guns blazing after things clearly went wrong. But hey everything is fine. They happened to have not hit anybody in their random hail of gun fire. I think it is clear now who the real gun nuts are. Next time somebody talks about random shootouts because of gun owners, I plan to point their attention to the "trusted ones".

Post imported post

inbox485 wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:

At least 10 to 1 against it being the cops?

I would think it would be the other way around....

I think you're giving, uhm, bad advice.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:

How did I know you'd be around sooner or later to defend criminals from those of us who believe our homes and lives are worth defending?

My 10-1 estimate is based on the vast number of articles relating to home invaders claiming to be police vs the (relatively) few articles of wrong house raids.

While you would be face down with a boot on your neck waiting to find out if you will survive the night (assuming you weren't shot on sight as has been done numerous times by both common criminals and their SWAT certified counterparts), I choose to defend my house.

Post imported post

inbox485 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:

How did I know you'd be around sooner or later to defend criminals from those of us who believe our homes and lives are worth defending?

My 10-1 estimate is based on the vast number of articles relating to home invaders claiming to be police vs the (relatively) few articles of wrong house raids.
    3 examples, please.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:
    Tomahawk wrote:
    inbox485 wrote:

3 examples, please.

┬*
    Google is your friend. In fact read the CATO white paper that Citizen was kind enough to post. There is a whole section on criminals capitalizing on the public's awareness of SWAT tactics. Something about 3000 incidences a year in New York city alone.

Edited to preserve civility. But really the banter has gotten old.

Post imported post

No support, then, for the "I'd say your odds are at least 10 to 1" statement.

Carry on, i485.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast