• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Perpetraitor gets shot, then run over, twice

Statesman

imported post

I read this today in the June 2009 edition of American Rifleman. I felt compelled to share after almost splitting my side in laughter. :lol:

When a man armed with a gun allegedly kicked in Derrick Murray's back door and shouted that he was a police officer, Murray wasn't buying it for a second. "The suspect and his accomplices outside were talking in street slang," Murray explained. Police say Murray quickly retrieved a semi-automatic rifle and shot the intruder, causing him to flee. But the story doesn't stop there. The intruder ran outside, where he was run over by his own getaway car. The panicked driver then backed up, running over him a second time. The suspect will face charges pending his release from the hospital. His two accomplices are being sought. (WFIE 14 News, Evansville IN, 03/16/09)

Godscreation

imported post

"Murray quickly retrieved a semi-automatic rifle"

How much you wanna bet that it was a hunting rifle like a 30-6? Those are semiautomatic. I love how the media uses buzz words like "high cap mags" for STANDARD 30Rrds or "semi auto handgun" or "assault rifle" for a semi AK47.

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

Knock, knock. (say kick, kick)

Who's there?

Weez be da Pol-leese!

Bang, bang.

Bump, bump.

Bad on da job scene, Liz!

:celebrate

Yata hey

Theguy

imported post

The intruder ran outside, where he was run over by his own getaway car. The panicked driver then backed up, running over him a second time.
*radio announcer voice*

The suspect same away from this having learned his lesson well, that crime does not pay.

Huck

imported post

The suspect will face charges pending his release from the hospital.

I gotta say one thing for that cull; he's pretty tough to have survived a shooting and getting twice run over by a car!

Any bets that he gets a nickname out of this? "Yo, Speedbump! What's the haps?"

inbox485

imported post

Statesman wrote:
I read this today in the June 2009 edition of American Rifleman.  I felt compelled to share after almost splitting my side in laughter.  :lol:

When a man armed with a gun allegedly kicked in Derrick Murray's back door and shouted that he was a police officer, Murray wasn't buying it for a second. "The suspect and his accomplices outside were talking in street slang," Murray explained. Police say Murray quickly retrieved a semi-automatic rifle and shot the intruder, causing him to flee. But the story doesn't stop there. The intruder ran outside, where he was run over by his own getaway car. The panicked driver then backed up, running over him a second time. The suspect will face charges pending his release from the hospital. His two accomplices are being sought. (WFIE 14 News, Evansville IN, 03/16/09)

If you are a law abiding citizen, and somebody barges in at 'o dark thirty screaming police, shoot them or die because I guarantee they are not the police.

tcmech

imported post

Godscreation wrote:
"Murray quickly retrieved a semi-automatic rifle"

How much you wanna bet that it was a hunting rifle like a 30-6? Those are semiautomatic. I love how the media uses buzz words like "high cap mags" for STANDARD 30Rrds or "semi auto handgun" or "assault rifle" for a semi AK47.
I bet it was a ruger 10/22 because when I grew up in Indiana centerfire rifles were not legal hunting arms. I believe they still are not although I have not lived there for 25 years.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
inbox485 wrote:
If you are a law abiding citizen, and somebody barges in at 'o dark thirty screaming police, shoot them or die because I guarantee they are not the police.
Really? The police never do this?

I'm surprised at you 'Hawk.

Now, you know police are the very souls of moderation, the embodiment of self-sacrifice and commitment to rights.I would have thought you, of all people, would not be misled by things like "high risk entry team" and"special operator" nor the paramilitary gear.

:):p

inbox485

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
inbox485 wrote:
Really? The police never do this?
1 - I'd say your odds are at least 10 to 1.
2 - If you're wrong, you get shot.

Never said it would be a good situation.

inbox485

imported post

Really, thanks for the link. I just finished skimming about the first fourth of it. It reminded me of when JPFO published articles about a survey of Marines from 29 Palms asked if they would fire on US civilians if ordered. The overwhelming response was not only no, but a resounding hell no with a full magazine unloaded on the treasonous puke that would order it. I guess SWAT officers don't have the same respect for US citizens. They are all to willing to play out every cliche of a jack booted thug.

Here's the one that really got my blood boiling:
http://wcco.com/iteam/swat.team.honored.2.783216.html
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,317398,00.html

Raid the wrong house, beat up innocent home owners for defending themselves and get metals for pushing forward with guns blazing after things clearly went wrong. But hey everything is fine. They happened to have not hit anybody in their random hail of gun fire. I think it is clear now who the real gun nuts are. Next time somebody talks about random shootouts because of gun owners, I plan to point their attention to the "trusted ones".