• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Dinner - Southside (Virginia Beach) May 30

NavyVA

imported post

All,

I propose dining out Saturday, May 30 at 6:00 p.m. down at Virginia Beach Town Center. I'm looking at several restaurants listed below:

Romano's Macaroni Grill(Italian) $$
California Pizza Kitchen $$
Cheesecake Factory $$$
Keagans (Irish pub/restaurant) $$
McCormick & Schmick's (Seafood) $$$
Redstar Tavern $$
Ruth's Chris Steakhouse $$$$

If someone has a favorite, let me know.

wylde007

imported post

Harold's Family Restaurant would be more in line with my predilections.

All of those others are national chains. I like to support truly local businesses.

Keagan's is the only one you've listed that I think might be a regional chain, kinda like Kelly's Tavern (which you also failed to mention).

Harold's is in the same building (around the corner) as Barnes & Noble and FYE (formerly Planet Music). I would rate them at $$ for price. My wife and I eat in there regularly and they are smoke-free, if that matters to anyone.

From your list the only one I could conscionably patronize would be Keagan's.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Smoke-Free definitely works for us! I also like to support small businesses when I can. I live in a very small town with a town market, a post office and a few churches. No sidewalks and no streetlights. We definitely support the "Little Guy" ehenever possible.

NavyVA

imported post

All of the above were suggestions that I found for Town Center restaurants (which probably only advertised the big hitters). I'm game for any place in that area. I just like being able to walk around there and public parking is free in the garages.

Jshu

imported post

Even though I'm new around here, I would love to go and I actually have the 30th off. VA beach isn't that far for me. Any of those places sound good to me.

Bullbuster

imported post

Have moved the wife and kids to Oklahoma City already and have no life outside of work. I'd love to make it to another dinner again. Not been to any of those places but have to the area many times. Count me in.

Tacitus

imported post

Harold's sounds like the winner, but I'm good for anything but Ruth's. Stupid name, and even worse prices.

Hendu024

imported post

Harold's has good food, Red Star is awful!! Hopefully either my brother or I can make it... Our shop is only a couple miles down the road, but we're open until 8 on Saturday..

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Okay Swabbie, you started the thread... How does this Harold's place sound? I don't know anything about that one or anything else around there except Fuddruckers. Midget and I are up for it... Whatddya say?

Regards;

Your favorite Puddle Pirate Mike

joeamt

Campaign Veteran
imported post

The 30th is this weekend, and if I am to plan on attending, I need to know When/Where.... Cutting it a little close here...

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

How about Wing King On VA Beach Blvd? Prices are $ and the food quality is $$$. They also have live music later on Saturdays if anyone wants to stick around.

NavyVA

imported post

Harolds sounds good to me. Has anyone OC'd there before or had issues? I just don't want to show up and have them turn us away before we even have the dining out. I suggest 7p.m. for those working late to possibly make it.