Thread: question about ocing in Georgia

Post imported post

i live in pa and i see that Georgia excepts the pa permit. but i looked on the map on this sight and i see your state allows open carry with permit does that mean i can open carry in your state because i have a permit even thoe its a pa permit, Georgia does honor it. im asking because i am planning a trip down to Florida and the only state that does not allow me to open carry is Florida they are concealed only . and south car. does not honor my permit

Post imported post

spencer280 wrote:
    i live in pa and i see that Georgia excepts the pa permit. but i looked on the map on this sight and i see your state allows open carry with permit does that mean i can open carry in your state because i have a permit even thoe its a pa permit, Georgia does honor it. im asking because i am planning a trip down to Florida and the only state that does not allow me to open carry is Florida they are concealed only . and south car. does not honor my permit
    If Georgia accepts the Pennsylvania permit, then you are allowed to Open Carry with your Pennsylvania firearms permit. Georgia is a bit odd as a state because it requires a permit to carry either Openly or Concealed a pistol.

Post imported post

thank you . ya your right it was odd. that is what threw me off.
    then I'll have no problem ocing in that state since i have a permit and they honor it . thank you again

Post imported post

Make sure you check very carefully into our firearms laws, Georgia has some shady and even a Jim crow law still on the books. Public Gathering will be your biggest worry.

As long as your just passing through and only stopping to get gas or food at gas stations or restaurants(even ones that serve alcohol, but not bars or taverns) then you should be good. One thing I'm not sure on is if part of any of the freeways like I-285 is in ATL airport jurisdiction. If it is and your traveling through that area, be very careful. The Airport is illegally refusing to obey HB 89s new measures and so far an activist Judge is being corrupt in allowing this last I heard.

Check out Georgia Packing for more info and read the "gun laws in plain english" section. Also Ga code sections 16-11-126 through 16-11-128 cover laws on carrying a weapon(outside of hunting) so I would suggest reading those as well, and they can also be located on Ga packing.