Thread: i want a 10mm where is the best place to buy a glock?

Post imported post

Well I just got home from Michigan and while there I got bit by the glock bug. The 10mm one to be exact. I live in the north phoenix area. can some one tell be where is the best place to buy a glock. I.E. who has the best price???

Post imported post

I would go to the Scottsdale gun club. If I remember right, they have a price match guarantee.
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

FYI

Two of my friends purchased new Glock 10MM's in the last month.Both are having FTE/FTF's and some bullets are keyholing (sideways). Accuracy sucks also.
    If you woke up breathing, congratulations! You get another chance.

Post imported post

TOF wrote:
    FYI

Two of my friends purchased new Glock 10MM's in the last month.Both are having FTE/FTF's and some bullets are keyholing (sideways). Accuracy sucks also.
    I'm no Glock expert, but the things work, that is a fact. 2 of them working poorly is a bit too much to write off as a complete coincidence, so I am going to guess that they are using some crappy ammo.

I suppose magazines might be part of it too, but I definitely suspect the ammo they are using. Maybe a bad batch which was all that's available with the ammo crunch lately?
    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

Post imported post

Some factory and some, what I believe to be, quality reloads using high dollar Hornady XTP bullets new cases etc. These guys have been shooting Glocks for a number of years and loading for 30+.

Their Glock .45's will hold sub 1 inch groups all day long with similar quality reloads.

The guns are just not up to par. The mags are part of the feeding problem also.

One mag lip is razor sharp and was causing feed problems.

As noted in my first post FYI. Take it or leave it as you see fit.

Post imported post

I think you will be very happy with your purchase as I was. I agree that Scottsdale Gun Club is the place to go.

The Glock factory barrels are looser than others, because this lets them feed more reliably when using factory ammo; however, to use really bad / hot RELOADED AMMUNITION (GLOCK itself warns against using reloads), it's risky business.

Post imported post

I wouldn't buy... own orcarry a Glock of any flavorpersonally...but why 10mm? 10mm ammo's hard enough to find in good times, much less now.

'Ain't my problem... I'll shuddup 'n go away.

Post imported post

Good point Sonora, it's hard to find nearly any ammo these days. The last gun I sold, the guy wanted some ammo with it!...obviously that didn't happen.

Post imported post

Those of us that reload and had enough foresight to stock primers don't have an ammo shortage. We also have better than factory ammo and that doesn't mean super hot.

Enjoy

Post imported post

I was looking at the equipment for doing reloading, thats a new world for me but the cost savings is pretty substantial.

Post imported post

Crossfire Jedi wrote:
    I was looking at the equipment for doing reloading, thats a new world for me but the cost savings is pretty substantial.
    I just loaded 1000 9MM FMJ at a cost of $110.

The $230 I spent on equipment 20,000 or so rounds back was paid back in this one batch of ammo.

The problem right now is if you don't already have a stock of primers you can't use your equipment.

Post imported post

Down the road I plan on doing this, thats too big of a savings to ignore. I may need to hook up with one of you to show me how to properly do this.

Post imported post

I am going with a glock because they are quality firearms. also because I have .45's and want something different. And no one can deny the ballistics of 10mm.

And for the record cabelias has plenty of 10mm in stock, as well as do several shops in the phoenix area. supply and demand. Not alot of people own 10mm so it doesn't sell out right away when it comes in