• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

i want a 10mm where is the best place to buy a glock?

zx-twitch

imported post

Well I just got home from Michigan and while there I got bit by the glock bug. The 10mm one to be exact. I live in the north phoenix area. can some one tell be where is the best place to buy a glock. I.E. who has the best price???

TOF

imported post

FYI

Two of my friends purchased new Glock 10MM's in the last month.Both are having FTE/FTF's and some bullets are keyholing (sideways). Accuracy sucks also.

Michigander

imported post

TOF wrote:
FYI

Two of my friends purchased new Glock 10MM's in the last month.Both are having FTE/FTF's and some bullets are keyholing (sideways). Accuracy sucks also.
I'm no Glock expert, but the things work, that is a fact. 2 of them working poorly is a bit too much to write off as a complete coincidence, so I am going to guess that they are using some crappy ammo.

I suppose magazines might be part of it too, but I definitely suspect the ammo they are using. Maybe a bad batch which was all that's available with the ammo crunch lately?

TOF

imported post

Some factory and some, what I believe to be, quality reloads using high dollar Hornady XTP bullets new cases etc. These guys have been shooting Glocks for a number of years and loading for 30+.

Their Glock .45's will hold sub 1 inch groups all day long with similar quality reloads.

The guns are just not up to par. The mags are part of the feeding problem also.

One mag lip is razor sharp and was causing feed problems.

As noted in my first post FYI. Take it or leave it as you see fit.

Crossfire Jedi

imported post

I think you will be very happy with your purchase as I was. I agree that Scottsdale Gun Club is the place to go.

The Glock factory barrels are looser than others, because this lets them feed more reliably when using factory ammo; however, to use really bad / hot RELOADED AMMUNITION (GLOCK itself warns against using reloads), it's risky business.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

I wouldn't buy... own orcarry a Glock of any flavorpersonally...but why 10mm? 10mm ammo's hard enough to find in good times, much less now. :banghead:

'Ain't my problem... I'll shuddup 'n go away. ;)

TOF

imported post

Those of us that reload and had enough foresight to stock primers don't have an ammo shortage. We also have better than factory ammo and that doesn't mean super hot.

Enjoy

TOF

imported post

Crossfire Jedi wrote:
I was looking at the equipment for doing reloading, thats a new world for me but the cost savings is pretty substantial.

I just loaded 1000 9MM FMJ at a cost of $110.

The $230 I spent on equipment 20,000 or so rounds back was paid back in this one batch of ammo.

The problem right now is if you don't already have a stock of primers you can't use your equipment.

zx-twitch

imported post

I am going with a glock because they are quality firearms. also because I have .45's and want something different. And no one can deny the ballistics of 10mm.

And for the record cabelias has plenty of 10mm in stock, as well as do several shops in the phoenix area. supply and demand. Not alot of people own 10mm so it doesn't sell out right away when it comes in