• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin woman takes aim at illegal open carry bans in Sauk City and Prairie du Sac!

smooth

Opt-Out Members
imported post

AaronS wrote:
And I thought theSecond Amendment Sisterswould carry this. I guess not...

I for one, am let down... But hey, there only rights...
Still trolling?

Hiperf2009

imported post

My opinion here, but if a person has a permit to carry a weapon, they should be able to be in a school area. I really don't care what anybody says on this. Where are all these gun crimes happening at? You are at a school play and a kid comes in shooting??? Guess what? Nobody there can do anything but get shot. You are trusted with a permit to carry in public, it should be good anywhere. I do believe though certain places they should be covered, like in a school for etc.

AaronS

imported post

Hiperf2009 wrote:
My opinion here, but if a person has a permit to carry a weapon, they should be able to be in a school area. I really don't care what anybody says on this. Where are all these gun crimes happening at? You are at a school play and a kid comes in shooting??? Guess what? Nobody there can do anything but get shot. You are trusted with a permit to carry in public, it should be good anywhere. I do believe though certain places they should be covered, like in a school for etc.

The real joke is to take a look at the Milwaukee school zones. About 80 % of the city!!! WI Patriot went as far as to draw it up with the homicides in Milwaukee. It is so bad, I will never buy a house in a school zone, ever! Thank God, so far, I am not in one.

Oh, and Ixtow, I HAD to GED. Thanks for reminding me. I am 40, and still working on my spelling...:D

AaronS

imported post

Oh, for the record, the Second Amendment Sisters, with the now dead rally, were the reason my wife got into this whole open carry thing (or self protection). With that in mind, I expect a lot from them, as I was unable to for over 14 years...

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hiperf2009 wrote:
The problem is that Wisconsin does not issue permits to carrya handgun openly, and CC is outlawed. Wisconsin does not recognize other states Conceal Carry/Right to carryPermits either. OC is THE ONLY way that you can carry legally, in Wisconsin.

Hiperf2009

imported post

I guess I went around that part. I live in Minnesota and we can carry open here. I just thought I would whip out the part about the schools and some of the most stupid places they do not allow people to carry. This honestly pisses me off. I don't even go into places that dont allow guns. Those are the first places people will illegally bring in guns and cause harm.

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Hiperf2009 wrote:
I guess I went around that part. I live in Minnesota and we can carry open here. I just thought I would whip out the part about the schools and some of the most stupid places they do not allow people to carry. This honestly pisses me off. I don't even go into places that dont allow guns. Those are the first places people will illegally bring in guns and cause harm.

Yes, the variety ofState Laws can be confusing.

In Tn, permit holders are exempt from the 1000' rule. We can only drop/pickup in school parking lots as long as we don't get out with our firearm or brandish. Driving past a school is also OK if we have a permit or if transpoting unloaded, without permit.

Nutczak

The Northwoods, lakeland area, Wisconsin, USA
imported post

In WI, the current democrat governor sees everyone as a criminal. We have mostly rural low population areas as far as you can see. With small highly populated areas of democratic voting kool-aid drinkers and other people that haveaccepted the brainwashing of "The police will protect you, and guns are bad"

To give you the midset of our current governor. We have a problem with illegal immigrants illegally driving vehicles in this state. So in his attempt tofix this, instead ofremoving these illegal drivers from the roads. His plan is to now make themlegal to get drivers licenses.
This seems awfully similar to someone saying 'oh, there are som many illegal drugs what should we do to rid the streets of these? And the governor making those illegal drugs now legal" Same concept basically!