• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Guns in Parks, Poll. Please Hit It.

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I'll never get over some of the no response on that poll. LMAO pretty funny stuff though, I could read every last one. People actually think like that?

thx997303

imported post

What was that, 67.1? in the affirmative with 17,000 votes or something like that?

Obviously the people want their guns.

CommonMan101

imported post

BJA wrote:
I'll never get over some of the no response on that poll. LMAO pretty funny stuff though, I could read every last one. People actually think like that?
Yeah, it IS laughable but at the same time scary because they vote.

I'm not surprised at the thinking ( vacuums can do that ) but I am confounded by their commitment to hang onto those beliefs despite being shown proof otherwise.

Once in a while Iget remindedthat on this issue a lib is just a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet. Altough I know many libs with guns - they are still for gun control often. Experience can give you a completely different perspective than the one you walked out of your protective cocoon with (childhood home) with no life experience under your belt. Rubber hitting the road kind of thing. Or: "How's that working out for you?" being asked of someone who refused to arm them selves and ended up a victim.

GWbiker

imported post

CommonMan101 wrote:
BJA wrote:

I'm not surprised at the thinking ( vacuums can do that ) but I am confounded by their commitment to hang onto those beliefs despite being shown proof otherwise.

Once in a while Iget remindedthat on this issue a lib is just a conservative who hasn't been mugged yet. Altough I know many libs with guns - they are still for gun control often. Experience can give you a completely different perspective than the one you walked out of your protective cocoon with (childhood home) with no life experience under your belt. Rubber hitting the road kind of thing. Or: "How's that working out for you?" being asked of someone who refused to arm them selves and ended up a victim.
If you enjoy reading stupid opinions on gun use and/or gun control, try spending a few hours on the Brady Campaign Facebook site. But don't attempt to join in and offer opposing views to their way of thinking. Your offerings will only end up being deleted and you most likely will soon join every pro gun group you can find.

I did! :banghead:

Dustin

imported post

Hasn't this law passed already.

I even got an e-mail from my senator about it.
Dear Friend,

This is a great day for our state and our Second Amendment rights.

I am very proud that after many years of fighting for it, the House of Representatives today passed a pro-gun amendment that I co-authored and helped pass in the Senate to allow law-abiding visitors to carry legal firearms into national parks. The amendment was attached to credit-card legislation that President Obama is expected to sign into law soon.

This amendment overturns a 1983 federal rule requiring that firearms be kept unloaded and in an inaccessible place and preserves the right of states to pass firearm laws that apply consistently, even on federal lands.

I have fought for this common sense legislation for many years. In 2008, 49 colleagues and I attempted to enact similar changes via the regulatory process. While these efforts resulted in a rule change, several anti-gun groups successfully sued the Department of the Interior to prevent a rule change from being implemented.

Passing this legislation will help ensure that unelected bureaucrats and activist judges cannot unilaterally enact a comprehensive gun ban on more than 170 million acres of public land without Congressional authorization.

Rest assured, I will keep you up to date on this and other efforts to protect our Second Amendment rights.

Sincerely,

<http://www.vitter.senate.gov/images/vitter_signature.gif>

David Vitter

U.S. Senator

CommonMan101

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
CommonMan101 wrote:
BJA wrote:

If you enjoy reading stupid opinions on gun use and/or gun control, try spending a few hours on the Brady Campaign Facebook site. But don't attempt to join in and offer opposing views to their way of thinking. Your offerings will only end up being deleted and you most likely will soon join every pro gun group you can find.

I did! :banghead:

Uhhh ( looks around ) daaang he's right. Here I am. Dude! You must be a psychic or something!

It's hard for me to not get riled up by stupidity anywhere but I'm working on it. I seek ways to deal with them other than angry, snide, or flippantretorts. That hasn't worked so well for me. I find much inspiration andpractical infohere. And I appreciate it.

Virginiaplanter

imported post

"The National Park system has thrived quite nicely over 100 years without this permission. Nothing positive can come of this ruling."

Apparently that person wasn't at the Little Big Horn.

Big Camp. Bring Packs. Come On!

sccrref

imported post

Done. We are way ahead on this one. Keep it up. I hope that the antis keep submitting their comments so intelligent people can see just how dumb they are.

Alexcabbie

imported post

Knock knock - who's there? Hugh! - Hugh who?

HUGH RAY!!!!!

Still needs Obama's John Hancock, but I take a special joy from the grumoing of Anti coongresswoman Walsh:

"We have passed more pro-gun legislation this year with Democrats controlling everything than we did when the republicans were in charge"

HAW HAW HAW HAW HAW!!!!:celebrate

Task Force 16

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Next target should be to tie the USAG's hands so he/she can't create any more restrictions against' firearms, without congressional approval. AS in, passing legislation to the affect.

PavePusher

imported post

Dustin wrote:
Hasn't this law passed already.

I even got an e-mail from my senator about it.
Dear Friend,

This is a great day for our state and our Second Amendment rights.

I am very proud that after many years of fighting for it, the House of Representatives today passed a pro-gun amendment that I co-authored and helped pass in the Senate to allow law-abiding visitors to carry legal firearms into national parks. The amendment was attached to credit-card legislation that President Obama is expected to sign into law soon.

This amendment overturns a 1983 federal rule requiring that firearms be kept unloaded and in an inaccessible place and preserves the right of states to pass firearm laws that apply consistently, even on federal lands.

I have fought for this common sense legislation for many years. In 2008, 49 colleagues and I attempted to enact similar changes via the regulatory process. While these efforts resulted in a rule change, several anti-gun groups successfully sued the Department of the Interior to prevent a rule change from being implemented.

Passing this legislation will help ensure that unelected bureaucrats and activist judges cannot unilaterally enact a comprehensive gun ban on more than 170 million acres of public land without Congressional authorization.

Rest assured, I will keep you up to date on this and other efforts to protect our Second Amendment rights.

Sincerely,

<http://www.vitter.senate.gov/images/vitter_signature.gif>

David Vitter

U.S. Senator

Check the date on your e-mail. Shortly after the Dept. of the Interior changed the rule (not law) about guns in parks, the anti's got a libtard judge to issue an injunction against the rule change, on the grounds that a proper Environmental Impact study had not been accomplished.

So far as I know, no E.I. was required to let the Rangers and Park police carry weapons....

ETA: Timeline on this change here: http://www.examiner.com/x-2782-DC-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m5d22-Congress-joins-states-in-making-parks-safe-for-gun-carry

FMCDH

imported post

Done.

What part of public property and respecting the laws of the state that the portion of the park resides in don't people get? :quirky

Peaceable journey allowance should be reason enough, not to mention self defense from both animals and "drunk animals" WHO ARE CARRYING GUNS ANYWAY!

(Sigh)