Thread: House vote looming on guns in parks

Post imported post

The Seattle Gun Rights Examiner talks about guns in parks, on campuses and the hoplophobia factor.

http://www.examiner.com/x-4525-Seattle-Gun-Rights-Examiner~y2009m5d20-Guns-in-parks-back-on-front-burner-and-antis-are-furious

If that doesn't work, try this:

http://tinyurl.com/qvd5qj

Post imported post

Gun prohibitionists are having fits and are pulling out all the stops (and the boilerplate rhetoric). Same old, tired arguments, different day.
    1) “Allowing guns in parks will make park visitors less safe.” Hogwash. Visitors won’t even know if someone is packing a concealed handgun, unless that individual is the kind of bonehead who has to run around telling everyone he’s armed. Yet anti-gunners are dishing out inflammatory, alarmist rhetoric with nobody challenging their hysteria.
    Let me recommend one small change in this excellent article:

Gun prohibitionists are having fits and are pulling out all the stops (and the boilerplate rhetoric). Same old, tired arguments, different day.
    1) “Allowing guns in gun shows will makeWAC visitors less safe.” Hogwash. Visitors won’t even know if someone is packing a concealed handgun, unless that individual is the kind of bonehead who has to run around telling everyone he’s armed. Yet anti-gunners are dishing out inflammatory, alarmist rhetoric with nobody challenging their hysteria.

Winston Salem, North Carolina, United States

Post imported post

Great article... as usual. Keep up the good work, Dave! And thanks for your efforts on our behalf.
    "All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke

"I like people who stand on the Constitution... unless they're using it to wipe their feet." - Jon E Hutcherson

Post imported post

Brent:

We discussed your distaste for the WAC on another thread.

Don't try to hijack this one.

Post imported post

Post imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
    Brent:

We discussed your distaste for the WAC on another thread.

Don't try to hijack this one.
    While I agree with Brent's opinion, I do have to say that the WAC thread needs to stay in the WAC thread and not spill over into other discussions. We can disagree without being vindictive or childish.

Post imported post

I'll move my comments over to the other thread as requested.