• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

House vote looming on guns in parks

44Brent

imported post

Gun prohibitionists are having fits and are pulling out all the stops (and the boilerplate rhetoric). Same old, tired arguments, different day.
1) “Allowing guns in parks will make park visitors less safe.” Hogwash. Visitors won’t even know if someone is packing a concealed handgun, unless that individual is the kind of bonehead who has to run around telling everyone he’s armed. Yet anti-gunners are dishing out inflammatory, alarmist rhetoric with nobody challenging their hysteria.

Let me recommend one small change in this excellent article:

Gun prohibitionists are having fits and are pulling out all the stops (and the boilerplate rhetoric). Same old, tired arguments, different day.
1) “Allowing guns in gun shows will makeWAC visitors less safe.” Hogwash. Visitors won’t even know if someone is packing a concealed handgun, unless that individual is the kind of bonehead who has to run around telling everyone he’s armed. Yet anti-gunners are dishing out inflammatory, alarmist rhetoric with nobody challenging their hysteria.

Dave Workman

imported post

Brent:

We discussed your distaste for the WAC on another thread.

Don't try to hijack this one.

compmanio365

imported post

Dave Workman wrote:
Brent:

We discussed your distaste for the WAC on another thread.

Don't try to hijack this one.
While I agree with Brent's opinion, I do have to say that the WAC thread needs to stay in the WAC thread and not spill over into other discussions. We can disagree without being vindictive or childish.