• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will be travelling to CO soon

mortimer

imported post

First off thanks for taking the time to read this. I'm normally in the Kansas forum but wanted to ask a quick question since I'll be traveling to Colorado this summer.

Just curious about open and/or concealed carry on public land, hiking trails, etc. I have a Kanasas CCH license and CO is reciprocal with KS. My family and I will be hiking some trails near Green Mountain Falls and will probably go fishing at one of the Pikes Peak (Catamount) reservoirs, would like to know what the laws are for being armed in these areas?

Thanks!

RLCbushpilot

imported post

You should be fine with concealed carry in any area of the state. The only part in limbo right now is the National Parks. That is being fixed as we speak. The places to watch out for as far as open carry goes are Denver and the Denver Mountain Parks. These parks can be miles from Denver but are technically part of the City and County of Denver and so open carry is banned. Check out handgunlaw.us for links to the laws. Don't just take their word for it. Read the laws on the linked sites or search for them. Colorado law and Denver law are both available on the internet.

Gunslinger

imported post

No OC in Denver County. Legal everywhere else, with the only exceptions being ones you are very unlikely to encounter. You can CC anywhere in the state with KS permit, including Denver. Pikes Peak area, El Paso County, as gun friendly as you could find anywhere in the country. Enjoy our state. Spend lots of money!

mortimer

imported post

Thanks for the info & advice everyone, looking forward to the trip!