• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Credit Card bill

samaloney2006

imported post

:celebrateGood news for those who have not heard/read. I just read on the internet about the credit card bill. As we all know it passed the senate on Tuesday. It just passed the house by a vote of 361 to 64. The add on about carrying in National Parks was voted on separately 279 to 147. I do no know how those numbers happened. Score one for us!!. According to the news article after the president signs it and he indicated he will, it will go into affect in nine months.Open carry alsowill be. :lol:

samaloney2006

imported post

:banghead:Remember how slow the wheels of big brother turn. :pWhen I mentioned that the President is inclined to sign it, it is obvius the reason for that is to get thecreditcard part passed. :cool:He will just have to suck it up for National Parks part. I can just see Reid, Pelosi and Clinton and the rest of them now

virgil47

imported post

Unfortunately the 9 month period until it goes into effect will most likely be used to figure out how to weasel out of the parks portion of the bill.

deanf

imported post

Politics is really disgusting. To get what we want we have to capitulate to government control of what should be unregulated private commerce. I don't like it.

Machoduck

imported post

You're singing my song, Dean.

I haven't noticed any lawsuits from the grand pooh-bahs of capitalism regarding the take-over of General Motors or the unilateral changing of creditor asset valuation under bankruptcy proceedings (re. Chrysler). Are the gun people the only ones resisting "chains we can believe in"?

MD

FunkTrooper

imported post

I still don't understand how our Government is allowed to knowingly reach over it's restrictions given in the constitution to take hold and steal our liberties.

bugly

imported post

FunkTrooper wrote:
I still don't understand how our Government is allowed to knowingly reach over it's restrictions given in the constitution to take hold and steal our liberties.
They believe that their "rights" are "god-given", and that ours are given to us by their actions. Government-type "persons" are an odd bunch, they think everything can be fixed by debating and bureaucracy. Fact is; they don't really see that they are the problem in the first place.
No country has ever been taxed and legislated into prosperity.