• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

University Of Toledo

t11spanner

imported post

Hello to my Ohio brothers and sisters!

I will be coming home to Ohio in June. For Ohio Bike Week if it still happens. Heard that the HD dealer in Sandusky is closed.....

Anyway....

Are there any CC or OC restrictions at the University of Toledo?

I have Virginia CHP and Utah Non-Resident CCW, so I can CC if need be.

Thanks in advance.

Carl

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Good luck with your trip t11. University of Toledo is my alma matre (spelling?), however be prepared for thuggish reaction by Toledo police if you aren't already familiar with them. Note that since Ohio prohibits the carriage of firearms in places that serve alcohol, a trip across the state line into Michigan may buy you a few dining options that would not be open to you while armed. Even the coffee shop at the front of campus (under Douglas fronting Bancroft) serves alcohol, so be careful when you go to eat. :)

Bustelo5%

imported post

Idk know if this would help or not but I spoke with Kent State PD and they said that unless a univeristy patrols their streets its the job of the city to patrol them.Which means that only school blds are OC unfriendly.As for OC on campus walking into their blds thats asking to be arrested.
Defintly contact the on duty SGT at thier local city and campus police depts.

jmelvin

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Bustelo contacting the police for their opinion is a poor way of learning the law. Many times the police aren't aware of what the laws actually are. Read the ORCyourself, get the advice of an attorney if necessary, but do not rely on the opinion of the police. It is often and tragically, wrong.

Bustelo5%

imported post

You are completely right and I defintly agree with you,my dads an mp and we know alot of Honolulu police officers so this is just what I am used to doing.But that is what KPD told me and you can check out my kent state post as for what the night time sgt told me.

What are the laws concerning U of Toledo? is there an all out city ban meaning is the city part of the school.Or does the campus have their own police force.
My understanding is school bld have a ban not cars or streets.
I am new to this so just be forknowledged.