Results 1 to 18 of 18

Thread: When a .45 just isn't enough gun.

  1. #1
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hastings, Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    47

    Post imported post



    :celebrate

  2. #2
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    LOL

    In for video of firing.

  3. #3
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    I'd still rather have "inferno bullets" which start a small fire inside a person. There's nothing like watching a person bleed from every orifice.

    "inferno bullets" are noted in the recall on hollow points...
    http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...s_hollow_point
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    LOL

    In for video of firing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YGfC6955s

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast, Mississippi, USA
    Posts
    144

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    LOL

    In for video of firing.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8YGfC6955s
    After watching that, I'd never want a gun that I would be "disorented" (lack of better word) from the recoil/muzzle climb

    which is why I don't want a desert eagle after shooting one a guy at the range shared, recoil/muzzle climb doesn't keep the gun where I want to point it :P

  6. #6
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    That has GOT to be some kind of a JOKE.

  7. #7
    Regular Member IanB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Northern VA
    Posts
    1,896

    Post imported post

    insane.kangaroo wrote:
    I'd still rather have "inferno bullets" which start a small fire inside a person. There's nothing like watching a person bleed from every orifice.

    "inferno bullets" are noted in the recall on hollow points...
    http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...s_hollow_point
    Must be talking about the HEAT SEEKING bullets that can COOK a deer from the INSIDE OUT as seen in this video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ

  8. #8
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    Not a joke, thats the thunder .50 BMG

    Was a R&D concept gun, Never made it into production of course.

    Dont know if they ever fired it either.

  9. #9
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    insane.kangaroo wrote:
    I'd still rather have "inferno bullets" which start a small fire inside a person. There's nothing like watching a person bleed from every orifice.

    "inferno bullets" are noted in the recall on hollow points...
    http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...s_hollow_point
    Must be talking about the HEAT SEEKING bullets that can COOK a deer from the INSIDE OUT as seen in this video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ
    The silly bimbo in this video is REALLY CLUELESS! She thinks a TRACER round (that has a small amount of red phosphorous in the TAIL end of the bullet) actually starts a FIRE inside someone? That is rather amusing!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  10. #10
    Regular Member Statesman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Lexington, Kentucky, USA
    Posts
    949

    Post imported post

    I'd like to see someone try to conceal that.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    1,882

    Post imported post

    Incendiary = heat-seeking?

    eek

    -ljp

  12. #12
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    I'd love to see the little guidance computer and the little guidance fins pop out after the round is fired. I bet they're really cute!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Phoenix, Arizona, USA
    Posts
    131

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    nakedshoplifter wrote:
    insane.kangaroo wrote:
    I'd still rather have "inferno bullets" which start a small fire inside a person. There's nothing like watching a person bleed from every orifice.

    "inferno bullets" are noted in the recall on hollow points...
    http://www.theonion.com/content/vide...s_hollow_point
    Must be talking about the HEAT SEEKING bullets that can COOK a deer from the INSIDE OUT as seen in this video:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ
    The silly bimbo in this video is REALLY CLUELESS! She thinks a TRACER round (that has a small amount of red phosphorous in the TAIL end of the bullet) actually starts a FIRE inside someone? That is rather amusing!
    Please tell me your being sarcastic.

  14. #14
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Burton, Michigan
    Posts
    3,361

    Post imported post

    Another 50 BMG pistol by Keltec, a P50 with a 3 round capacity

    http://www.ktog.org/graphics/visitkeltec/ktcnc-p50.jpg




  15. #15
    Regular Member compmanio365's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Pierce County, Washington, USA
    Posts
    2,013

    Post imported post

    I LOLed. Kel Tec does make the RFB, a .308 rifle, which is nothing to laugh at.

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Hastings, Minnesota, USA
    Posts
    47

    Post imported post

    A 3-shot capacity is irrelevant when the first shot breaks your wrist.

  17. #17
    Regular Member zoom6zoom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Dale City, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,694

    Post imported post

    SpringerXDacp wrote:
    Another 50 BMG pistol by Keltec, a P50 with a 3 round capacity

    http://www.ktog.org/graphics/visitkeltec/ktcnc-p50.jpg


    Please tell me that those aren't zip ties holding on the upper?

  18. #18
    Regular Member Alexcabbie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Alexandria, Virginia, United States
    Posts
    2,290

    Post imported post

    For the luvva Pete. Right now I think we all need to concentrate on a stock of arms that can chamber government-issue ammo for this reason:

    If we wind up facing civil unrest then we shall either wind up fighting WITH government forces (much preferable) or AGAINST government forces (and even then there is likely to be some ambiguity) but in any case compatibale ammo would be an advantage.

    Point is, a .50 BMG handgun might be an interesting experiment (and I am sure the late great Elmer Keith would have approved the exxperiment) .50 BMG is simply TOO DAMNED MUCH for a handgun built for any practical purpose. At hangun-fighting ranges, the .44 Mag delivers the ultimate needed punch. Remember the 1950s dictum in re female - uh - well, --- anyway, as it went:

    "ANYTHING OVER A MOUTHFUL IS WASTED"

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •