• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

When a .45 just isn't enough gun.

JohnK87

imported post

090519-rules-14.jpg

:celebrate

Johnny_B

imported post

SpringerXDacp wrote:
After watching that, I'd never want a gun that I would be "disorented" (lack of better word) from the recoil/muzzle climb :)

which is why I don't want a desert eagle after shooting one a guy at the range shared, recoil/muzzle climb doesn't keep the gun where I want to point it :p

IanB

thx997303

imported post

Not a joke, thats the thunder .50 BMG

Was a R&D concept gun, Never made it into production of course.

Dont know if they ever fired it either.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
I'd still rather have "inferno bullets" which start a small fire inside a person. There's nothing like watching a person bleed from every orifice.

"inferno bullets" are noted in the recall on hollow points...
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/manufacturer_recalls_hollow_point

Must be talking about the HEAT SEEKING bullets that can COOK a deer from the INSIDE OUT as seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ
The silly bimbo in this video is REALLY CLUELESS! She thinks a TRACER round (that has a small amount of red phosphorous in the TAIL end of the bullet) actually starts a FIRE inside someone? That is rather amusing!

impulse

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
nakedshoplifter wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
I'd still rather have "inferno bullets" which start a small fire inside a person. There's nothing like watching a person bleed from every orifice.

"inferno bullets" are noted in the recall on hollow points...
http://www.theonion.com/content/video/manufacturer_recalls_hollow_point

Must be talking about the HEAT SEEKING bullets that can COOK a deer from the INSIDE OUT as seen in this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ
The silly bimbo in this video is REALLY CLUELESS! She thinks a TRACER round (that has a small amount of red phosphorous in the TAIL end of the bullet) actually starts a FIRE inside someone? That is rather amusing!
Please tell me your being sarcastic.

Alexcabbie

imported post

For the luvva Pete. Right now I think we all need to concentrate on a stock of arms that can chamber government-issue ammo for this reason:

If we wind up facing civil unrest then we shall either wind up fighting WITH government forces (much preferable) or AGAINST government forces (and even then there is likely to be some ambiguity) but in any case compatibale ammo would be an advantage.

Point is, a .50 BMG handgun might be an interesting experiment (and I am sure the late great Elmer Keith would have approved the exxperiment) .50 BMG is simply TOO DAMNED MUCH for a handgun built for any practical purpose. At hangun-fighting ranges, the .44 Mag delivers the ultimate needed punch. Remember the 1950s dictum in re female - uh - well, --- anyway, as it went:

"ANYTHING OVER A MOUTHFUL IS WASTED"