• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New toy.... Super Redhawk

Hammer

imported post

Not going to carry this one concealed!
I had one of these years ago, when they first came out. Wish I still had it.
Upside is, this one comes with rings for a scope, and I still have my leather for it.
Still have my .44 mold. Guess it's time to get busy makin' bullets!

Makes me think of Dirty Harry
"Do ya feel lucky punk? Well, do ya?"

Hammer

imported post

PolskiG wrote:
pictures please
Here's some
SupRedhawk.jpg

SupRedhawk3.jpg

Hammer

imported post

First time out shooting it today:
The Uncle Mike's rubber grips that came with it leave my middle finger too close to the trigger guard. Every time I shoot a full house load it whacks my finger. :banghead:

Shot at a variety of targets, but most fun was a 20oz pop bottle full of water. It exploded such that it knocked all the other targets off the 4X4 used as a base!
I think I'll use it for bear come August.... :celebrate

PolskiG

imported post

I'm considering picking up a .357 or .44 mag for the woods this summer, maybe something like a S&W686, basic to the point, wish I could get something like a Pyton but thats too nice for hiking

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Those wood on rubber grips are handsome, to bad Ruger doesn't use them on the gp100 anymore. That being said, that is the only handsome thing on that gun. That thing is butt ugly, but I bet the frame and barrel will withstand years and years of .44 magnum punishment.

curtm1911

imported post

I Agree, Super Redhawks are not as Good Looking as the regular Redhawk, but both are Built like the proverbial Brick Outhouse and some reloading manuals have Ruger Only Sections in them. Good Choice Hammer, enjoy and be safe always.

PACKIN44

imported post

I've owned a "dirty Harry" Ruger Super Blackhawk in an 8" barrel for several years. Mine is topped with a bushnell 4x scope. Have it in a sidekick holster under the left arm and usually oc during hunting season. Been in several s.e.Id. convenience stores for gas and other locations with no problems. I would seriously not consider carrying this peice for any length of time anywhere but in the field since it's such a massive weapon butI can tell you it does make quite a presence in public. People will notice when you pack a Ruger 44!:exclaim:

Don Barnett

imported post

I put a 2x Leopold scope on my Super Redhawk 7 1/2 " barrel. I shot a deer with it...and that was all it took. It is easier to carry around in the woods than a rifle; especially with an Uncle Mikes shoulder holster.