• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Ammo shortage

Bushidonate

imported post

Hey everyone, I know that there are alot of us having a hard time finding ammo. I thought I'd start a topic where pepole can chime in on where to find what. I myself need 45 acp and 357 mag. For targetI don't mind using reloads. But for carryI only use factory loads. Any one know whereI can find some of these rounds. Both for target and carry? If someone reloads I'd be happy to work a deal out with them for my target ammo, but I still need to find some factory hollow points for carry.

Right now I have the 230 grHST loaded in my XD 45. I know some people have said that they have had these FTF. ButI have put 223 rounds(5 boxes minus the 27 rounds I have kept in my mags +1 for the chamber,)of this ammo thru my XD 45 with out any problems. Can anyone suggest a good sub for this round?

bmeldrum

imported post

I don't know much about reloads.For regular (factory load)ammo I'm in Utah county so I have just gone to Cabelas,Gunnies, even Walmart for full metal for .40 for my XD, as for my carry (personal protection/hollow points) I've just gone to Cabelas. As for salt lake/davis co I don't know if there is any Cal Ranch stores or maybe the Smith & Edwards place. I've also tried some of the army/navy stores. Someone suggested try shopping online apparently it's cheaper.

younggun20

imported post

bmeldrum wrote:
Someone suggested try shopping online apparently it's cheaper.
My 9x18 rounds are much cheaper online. Between $10 and $15 for 50. Cabelas and other stores are between $20 and $30.. other than that my rifle rounds are pretty close.

In west valley for Mini mag .22's go to the Wal mart on 5400 south Redwood RD.
every time I go in there for mini mags the old guy behind the counter trys to tell me that Im confused, I want the remington brick of 500, (that they are sold out of.) Thats what he tells everyone, so they have a good supply of mini mags. they are limiting i think 3 boxes of ammo per person I believe. Not much in the way of Pistol or rifle.

walmart on 5600 west and 6200 South will usually sell by the case if your there at the right time. I was checking out a week ago at about 6 am and the guy behind me bought EVERY .223 and .40 S&W rnd they had

NormanXDm

imported post

I was in Gallenson's today during lunch hour, and they seemed pretty flush with ammo of all types. Their prices aren't great, but that's just supply and demand. I only looked at the 9mm ($285/case for FMJ), but I know they had cases of .40 S&W, .45 ACP, .223 and lot of others stacked around the store.