• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry Ohio

Lthrnck

imported post

Open Carry Ohio has been trying to get things going again.We are starting to get a core of people together and have been working on a flyer and looking at a few events we might be able to participate in over the next few months.

We need more people to keep this going. I know the summer months are coming up and this is the time that a lot of family events take place…But it is also prime OC time. This is an important issue and I hope that all of you can commit some time to our cause.

We have been meeting for the last three months at basically two places.

http://tinyurl.com/dcpxpy
Bunny's Hasty Tasty Pancake House
3509 Linden Ave
Dayton, OH 45410
(937) 254-8431

and….

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=Dayton&state=OH&address=1235+N+Main

1235 North Main St. in Dayton.

This is a house that was a funeral home and the current owner, Brian allows us to meet there for free. He is a pro gun person and understands our concerns.

So it is going like this:

The 2[suP]nd[/suP] Thursday of each month, or the weekend after the 2[suP]nd[/suP] Thursday, we are going to be planning some kind of social/educational event. This could be something as simple as a meet and greet at Hasty Tasty or maybe some community event (i.e. County Fair, Community Festival, etc.).

Start times can vary depending on what we are doing.

The 4[suP]th[/suP] Thursday of each month will be a “Working Meeting” at the

N. Main Street address.

The purpose of this “working” meeting is to continue to develop our plans and materials for our functions.

Bring your own food or drinks. There are a couple of local restaurants nearby and a Domino’s pizza just a couple blocks up the street.

Start time will be 6:00p.m.

We are hoping you can put this on your calendars and help us with this effort.

NEXT MEETING…..MAY 28[suP]TH[/suP], 2009 at the N. Main Street address at 6:00 p.m. :celebrate

spioi

imported post

got a new rig. i'll wear it tomorrow for the first time. the 1911 is a bit too heavy for me. I been telling ppl about the meetings on other boards. hopefully more will come

spioi

imported post

reverse just went out in my car.:cuss:the same problem got fixed 2 weeks ago.I'm goin to the meeting anyway! I don't need no stinking reverse.

BigC

imported post

When will be the next one. i live bout 40 min from dayton and would like to possibly join cause i dont know of any here near cincy!

BigC

imported post

Thursdays bad are bad for me anyone know of any meetings or groups here closer to cincy or will you all have a meet on Fridays or Saturdays

Ohio Patriot

imported post

At one of our meetings I saidI would check out restaurants in Springfield for holding meetings.

I have eaten at Joe's U.S. 40 Grille in Springfield on many occasions, and have always been impressed with their food, service, and family-friendly atmosphere. And each time I ate there, I was open-carrying; there were no problems. Here's their web site:

http://www.eatatjoes40.com/

I emailed them and asked if it was O.K. if we had open-carry meetings at their restaurant. Here's the reply I received:
Absolutely! We have a back room that could be ideal for you. Just let us know when you would want to come and we will do our best to make you feel welcome!

Bill Hart
Owner
This location would also make it more convenient for folks from Columbus to join us.

Faitmaker

imported post

I just discovered the website and the forum. Unfortunately, I missed the meeting but will be there for the July meeting! I live about 4 blocks from the Hasty Tasty!

Great to be here.

Patrick