Thread: OT: CC Laws in TX

Post imported post

Hi all,

I am travelling to Texas this weekend for a short vacation and a genealogical research project. I am a resident in N.M., but I have a concealed permit from Washington state that is still valid. It's no good here in NM, but it is ok in Texas, so I just wanted to know the laws on CC in TX before I go. Specifically laws on carrying in avehicle.I will also be searching for the laws online as well.

Thanks.

Founder's Club Member PrayingForWar's Avatar

Post imported post

Concealed carry inside your vehicle does not require a license. It MUST BE CONCEALED however. There is a stipulation in the law that regards "gang membership", so make sure you don't wear clothing that could be mistaken as gang attire. Otherwise, Texas is pretty gun friendly, even in the bed wetting moonbat parts like Austin.
    If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training. You will become a minister of death, PRAYING FOR WAR...

Post imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
    Concealed carry inside your vehicle does not require a license. It MUST BE CONCEALED however. There is a stipulation in the law that regards "gang membership", so make sure you don't wear clothing that could be mistaken as gang attire. Otherwise, Texas is pretty gun friendly, even in the bed wetting moonbat parts like Austin.
    I'm sure you referring to handguns needing to be "covered up" aka concealed inside ones vehicle, out of view. I currently do that but my Mossberg 500 JIC just lies in my backseat of my SUV exposed unless I leave the vehicle. I live out in the country and it has never been a problem, so far. You're not saying that a rifle or shotgun has to be concealed as well are you?

Centurion

Post imported post

NativeTexan wrote:
    PrayingForWar wrote:
    I'm sure you referring to handguns needing to be "covered up" aka concealed inside ones vehicle, out of view. I currently do that but my Mossberg 500 JIC just lies in my backseat of my SUV exposed unless I leave the vehicle. I live out in the country and it has never been a problem, so far. You're not saying that a rifle or shotgun has to be concealed as well are you?
    No. Long arms can be unconcealed.

Post imported post

Thanks guys. I had a great weekend in Texas. Nice people. Nice views. Only CC'd for one of the days. Kept my pistol in my glovebox the rest