• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OT: CC Laws in TX

Nitrox314

imported post

Hi all,

I am travelling to Texas this weekend for a short vacation and a genealogical research project. I am a resident in N.M., but I have a concealed permit from Washington state that is still valid. It's no good here in NM, but it is ok in Texas, so I just wanted to know the laws on CC in TX before I go. Specifically laws on carrying in avehicle.I will also be searching for the laws online as well.

Thanks.

PrayingForWar

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Concealed carry inside your vehicle does not require a license. It MUST BE CONCEALED however. There is a stipulation in the law that regards "gang membership", so make sure you don't wear clothing that could be mistaken as gang attire. Otherwise, Texas is pretty gun friendly, even in the bed wetting moonbat parts like Austin.

NativeTexan

imported post

PrayingForWar wrote:
Concealed carry inside your vehicle does not require a license. It MUST BE CONCEALED however. There is a stipulation in the law that regards "gang membership", so make sure you don't wear clothing that could be mistaken as gang attire. Otherwise, Texas is pretty gun friendly, even in the bed wetting moonbat parts like Austin.
I'm sure you referring to handguns needing to be "covered up" aka concealed inside ones vehicle, out of view. I currently do that but my Mossberg 500 JIC just lies in my backseat of my SUV exposed unless I leave the vehicle. I live out in the country and it has never been a problem, so far. You're not saying that a rifle or shotgun has to be concealed as well are you?

SA-TX

Centurion
imported post

NativeTexan wrote:
PrayingForWar wrote:
I'm sure you referring to handguns needing to be "covered up" aka concealed inside ones vehicle, out of view. I currently do that but my Mossberg 500 JIC just lies in my backseat of my SUV exposed unless I leave the vehicle. I live out in the country and it has never been a problem, so far. You're not saying that a rifle or shotgun has to be concealed as well are you?
No. Long arms can be unconcealed.