• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Louisiana: Gun Ban Bill Struck Down in Committee!

Dustin

imported post

Louisiana: Gun Ban Bill Struck Down in Committee!
Thank You to Those Who Contacted the Committee!

On Tuesday, May 19, House Bill 387 was defeated in the House Committee on Administration of Justice, by a 10 to 2 vote.

This bill, sponsored by Cedric L. Richmond (D-101), would have established far-reaching restrictions on commonly owned semi-automatic firearms (falsely describing them as "assault weapons") and ammunition magazines. HB 387 would have also banned many semi-automatic firearms that Louisianans use for self-defense, hunting, and shooting competitions.
HB 387 would also require current owners of such firearms to register them with the State Police, obtain and renew a license annually to keep them, restrict how and where they may be used or transported, and allow the State Police to inspect private homes for compliance.
We would like to thank all those NRA members who voiced their opposition to HB 387.

imported post

If you or I attempted to violate the rights of others, we'd either be in court at best, jail at worst.
Cedric Richmond pulls this crap EVERY session and he gets PAID.

If anything needs to be "struck down," it's Cedric's ability to propose "laws."

charlie12

imported post

oldgoat wrote:
larep101@legis.state.la.us

Cedric Richmond:cuss:

I have emailed Cedric many times, I got no replies.
He most likely doesn't read them.

Kind of like Cleo when he was in there. I emailed him a couple of times about gun deals and he never answered.

He wanted to make it illegal to carry a gun in a polling place. Most of the polls around me are in schools so the gun free school zone would take care of that and if you have a CHP you can't carry in any poll either.

One of Cleo's feel good gun laws.