• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

H.R. 2159

nviper

imported post

H.R. 2159 is a proposal currently in the House that if passed could severely hurt our cause. This bill would allow the attorney general to put anyone on a black list that would prevent you from buying any type of weapon and classify you as a terrorist. As of right now it seems that there are no safeguards in place to prevent mistaken identity and if you are put on this list you may never know because they are not required to tell you. I am all for protecting this country but we have to draw the line some where. This following link will take you to the NRA article if you would like to read it.
http://www.nraila.org/legislation/read.aspx?id=4879

Lenny Benedetto

imported post

This is something that everybody who owns a gun should oppose!!!

We all need to contact our elected officials and make it clear how we feel about this.

Unfortunately in CT most of our reps are not gun friendly. That is why we need the CCDL to grow so that we as a group can be an effective tool for gun rights.

We need to let our reps know that their reelection stands in the balance of their vote on issues such as this.

nviper

imported post

i have attempted to contact all of the representative from connecticut but i am having trouble contacting two of them due to the fact that i dont live in their district. if anyone can help that would be great. i need help with chris murphy from the 5th district and joe courtney from the 2nd district. i am awaiting replies from the others and will update when i find out exactly how they stand.
thanks
nick

nviper

imported post

i also have to add that i cannot contact jim himes in the 4th district. hopefully everyone else can have better luck.

buketdude

imported post

I have emailed Joe Courtney...but just in thanks as he was the only member (i believe) of the CT Delegation (House or Senate) to vote for the amendment to allow carry in national parks and to sign the amicus brief to repeal the DC Gun Ban...I will email him about this bill...In an earlier email he stated he would NOT support an "assault weapons ban" or any legislation that makes private transfers of firearms unlawful...FYI...i am in his district