• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Wisconsin's Candace Dainty makes the call: June 22 Madison OPEN CARRY RALLY is on!

Cowboy Matt

imported post

I always told my wife I would need a really, REALLY good reason to ever set foot in Madison again as I have a lot of bad memories of that place from living there for a year and other assorted negative experiences with the city that can boast itself asa western branch office of the Kremlin...

but this rally is the BEST REASON EVER! I'll ask off of work for that day immediately.

c_dainty

imported post

I will be sending more info out thru Examiner stories. I have been reminded to check for school locations near the square. That could put the location in question.

BTW- We have guy members also--Second Amendment Sisters is an Equal Opportunity Organization!

c_dainty

imported post

Somehow I sent something out but I'm not sure???????

What I do need help with is HOW to create a Digg button? It's pretty embarrassing that I don't know how :(

c_dainty

imported post

It looks like the MLK St side would work. What do you think?
Thanks for the map, I was thinking about that.

Candy Dainty

c_dainty

imported post

You are wealth of information. Thanks again- NOW how do I create a Digg Button?

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Also FYI, Madison has one of those pre-empted city ordinances.

[align=left]CHAPTER 25[/align]
OFFENSES AGAINST PUBLIC SAFETY

[snip]"(7) It shall be unlawful for any person to possess, carry or go armed with any firearm on or about their person within the City of Madison, unless the firearm is both unloaded and enclosed or encased within a carrying case."[/snip]

Also:

[align=left]25.035 BARBED BULLETS PROHIBITED.[/align]

[align=left](1) It shall be unlawful for a person to own or to have in her/his possession any barbed bullet in the City of Madison except as hereinafter provided. All barbed bullets possessed in violation of this section and all firearms possessed or used in connection therewith are unlawful property and shall be seized by any peace officer. Upon conviction of the person for a violation of this section, all such property shall be disposed of pursuant to Sec. 968.20(3)(b) of the Wisconsin Statutes.[/align]

[align=left](2) Barbed Bullet means any bullet that is designed to expand upon impact resulting in thebullet having evenly-spaced, pointed sharp hook or barb-shaped or other similar projections that extend beyond the original diameter of the unfired bullet.[/align]

[align=left][/align]

[align=left]How about this one?[/align]

[align=left]25.30 FACSIMILE FIREARMS.[/align]

[align=left](1) In this section, "facsimile firearm" means any replica, toy, starter pistol or other object that bears a reasonable resemblance to or that reasonably can be perceived to be an actual firearm.[/align]
[align=left]"Facsimile firearm" does not include any actual firearm.[/align]
[align=left](2) No person may carry or display a facsimile firearm in a manner that could reasonably be expected to alarm, intimidate, threaten or terrify another person.[/align]
[align=left](3) Subsection (2) does not apply to any of the following:[/align]
[align=left](a) Any peace officer acting in the discharge of his or her official duties.[/align]
[align=left](b) Any person engaged in military activities, sponsored by the state or federal government, acting in the discharge of his or her official duties.[/align]
[align=left](c) Any person who is on his or her own real property, in his or her own home or at his or her own fixed place of business.[/align]
[align=left](d) Any person who is on real property and acting with the consent of the owner of thatproperty.[/align]

[align=left]So a cop can play with a fake gunand it's A-OK[/align]

[align=left]Madison is really screwed up.[/align]

c_dainty

imported post

I know. But when Doyle recently said he was going to propose a repeal of the 1995 bill so that places like Madison and Milwaukee could make their own gun laws he admitted Madison's preempted law was bogus!

What I really want to know is how much lower the murder rate is in Madison. Seems,last I heard there were more murders last year than in several years before-- by KNIVES.

No matter what you do with gun laws- the bad will carry while the good guys will suck it up!

BJA

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Thanks for the information Brass Magnet. Man who the hell doesn't have firearm law that is pre-empted by the state. It's utter bullshit. We are expeced to follow up to the letter in a state statute yet when gov't doesn't NOTHING happens.... I hope this event still goes as planned.

Ben