Here's the advice I've given my friends:
Remember a couple rules:
1. Be friendly! wear a smile and cooperate with police. Our goal is not to fight them, but rather to win them over.
2. No guns on property where alcohol can be consumed (bars, etc), and no drinking while carrying.
3. Cops cannot legally take your gun unless they reasonably suspect you of criminal activity. They must be able to state what they suspect you of.
4. Bring a voice recorder. ($30 from radio shack)
5. If the owners of private property ask you to leave, you are compelled by law to do so. See point number 1.
6. Gun must be cased and unloaded in the trunk when driving. Don't bring any loaded magazines with, but bring ammo and load when you get there.
7. Stay out of the 1000 foot school zones (there is a map available, find it) UNLESS you are on private property.
8. No guns in publicly owned buildings.
9. Guns are legal in county and city parks, but you will be cited and fined $800. You'll have to fight it in court.
10. Gun stays in the holster.
and dude there's a ton of law that's hard to follow, so let me know if you have ANY questions. If you are in any doubt, DON'T DO IT. You don't want a felony on your record.