• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

How many are willing to BITE the perverbial bullet for as long as it takes

Carnivore

imported post

How many on here are hunters?

How many on here would be willing to Boycott The Missouri Dept. of Conservation for as long as it takes to get the support and backing we need in the right place to coerce the state of Missouri to recognize our right to keep and bear arms? The Dept of Conservation is funded in part, and in majority by Hunting and Fishing Licenses, Maybe we could get their attention by summoning them to the task of enforcing Missouris Constitution.. After a year or so, either licenses would go sky high, or they would trust us to keep and bear arms everywhere inthe state just as they do while we hunt..

Carnivore

imported post

I just typed this and sent it to the MDC contact link..

How detramental would it be to the Dept. of Conservation if say 5000 hunters quit buying hunting licenses in the state of Missouri? I've bought a hunting license for as long as I can remember except for the years I lived in Delaware. Even then I came home and hunted on occasion with a non resident permit. I've lived in Missouri all but 15 years of my life (47)yrs. , and have have proven my legitimacy with the MDC to own/posess/and carry a firearm, even as a 13 yr. old kid carrying my old single shot 20ga. across town to hunt in what is now the St. Joe state park.
My Heartburn isn't with the MDC, it's with Missouri State legislatures in the recent neglect to recognize full preemption firearm laws in Missouri state wide (HB668) to allow open carry of firearms in the state, instead of allowing individual municipalities to create their own ordinances prohibiting open carry. I have never been arrested,charged,or convicted of a wildlife violation, domestic violence, or assault. I am among maybe hundreds of thousands of Missourians who have made it my lifes goal to abide by the laws of the country/state/and local municipalities. I have always and will continue to value and love my hunting privileges, but am tempted to summond any and all of my fellow Missourians in an attempt to Boycott and forego hunting for as long as it takes to get the necessary backing at the state level to get the Missouri government to recognize and honor the Missouri State constitution for it's Legal law abiding citizens to be truely allowed to Keep and Bear Arms.

Thank You for your time

Carnivore

imported post

It would help as an attention getter if something to the affectof what I wrote above is sent to the MDC website so they may attempt to recognize our effort for more than just a decline in hunting numbers.

Carnivore

imported post

UPDATE !!! from:<Ombudsman@mdc.mo.gov>

Mr. XXXXXX:

It certainly would be detrimental to this department to have a large drop in permit sales. The Department's revenue comes primarily from permit sales and sales tax revenue (1/8 of one percent sales tax dedicated to conservation). Revenue from the sales tax has already slowed down due to the current economic conditions.

I am not familiar with the issue of the firearms legislation that you described. Because the Missouri Constitution provides funding sources for the Conservation Department that are somewhat independent of the Missouri legislature's control, we would seem to be an unlikely target if you wish to exert pressure on the legislature. If you haven't done so already, I would recommend that you contact your state representative and senator for suggestions on how to influence the legislature to support the firearms legislation. I don't believe that a reduction in Conservation Department funding would accomplish your goal.

My Reply:

It's not my goal to bring troubled financial struggles on the MDC, and I surely don't look forward to forfeiting my decision to purchase my hunting and fishing permits.Enjoying the Outdoors is my only outletfrom the day to day grind. I have 1 weekend off a month, so that = 12 a year, Trust me the Missouri outdoors is my only time away from work 2 days a month 12 months a year. It'll drive me crazy to not fish and hunt just those 24 days a year.It's my goal to get enough firearms owners to contact the MDC and win support for the 100's of 1,000's of non felon citizens that the MDC certifies are competent to posess and carry firearms in this state, to be allowed by law to open carry a handgun for self defense(not just in the hunting environment).The MDC is very powerful , and themost self sufficientportion of our Govt. and agood portion ofammo(sport shooting and self defense shooting included),and fishing equipment monies go to the MDC, all I'm asking is your support at the state level. http://www.ens-newswire.com/ens/feb2009/2009-02-27-092.asp
If nothing else, tack on a $1.00 fee to licenses to support the full preemption law state wide so individual municipalities cannot continue to override the Missouri State constitution for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Trust me I don't want the MDC to suffer any loss what so ever, but you folks already have the authority to qualify or disqualify an individuals right to hunt with a firearm, or any weapon for that matter,I know some where within the capabilities the MDC has the power to helpLegal Law abiding citizens with (HB668).

Thanks for your reply