• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

My First OC

ube

imported post

Ok,
So after doing a lot of reading and also getting frustrated with putting on my supertruck on when I leave for lunch to run errands and then have to take it off again, I decided to try OCing at lunch today.

So I go to one of the local Meijers to see if they have any ammo, OCing my XDM 40 BLK/BLK, and walk thru the doors and got greeted and continued to the sports section. Wow...no swat team rappelling from the roof yet...ok so I continue to browse around, no ammo, looked at some movies and then left. Again with no swat team staged outside by my car. LOL Although while in the store I did notice I was being a little more attentive to the store announcements...but I let that go quickly too.

So Sam's club is right next door and I go there a lot for lunch and chat with one of the employees there regularly. So I proceed in, again no swat team, and order some lunch and walk around the store for a while. I chat with the elderly gentlemen I usually chat with when I go there for lunch and then proceed to buy a couple of Stargate bundle packs and waltz out of the store. And again, no swat team staged outside either..LOL

So I had to go to a local carry out that isn't a CPZ and go in, still OCing, and get my stuff and had left. Still no swat teams or black helicopters. Wow.

Ok, so it was a test run and I plan on doing it a lot more. Sometimes I'd prefer to OC as opposed to having my supertruck on and after today's test run I don't think I'll hesitate again to do it and I plan on doing it a lot more!

After I got over the initial..."OK, who's going to start pointing first thoughts" I was pretty relaxed.

Legba

imported post

I just called the SWAT team, they'll be along presently...

But seriously, glad to hear it was uneventful. God forbid people might become inured to the presence of firearms just being carried about and not being used as depicted on TV. Welcome to the forum.

-ljp

ube

imported post

Thanks!

Again, I was a little nervous but didn't show it. Just walked in like it was any other day and no black helicopters or anything! LOL

Yeah, I'll be doing that more often!!

Dutch Uncle

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Kinda like the first time you really dove head first off the diving board, right?

:celebrate:celebrate

IxionDeece

imported post

I am planning on OC as soon as I get a CCW ironically. Cause I want to be able to get in and out of the car freely and not have to worry about a leo noticing by happenstance and asking for my license as soon as I get in or out of the car with it still on my hip. And I drive everywhere so....yeah, know what I mean. Or even better if HB 129 manages to become law which I have high hopes for but doubt it will. Then I wont have to worry about it. Speaking of which everyone should sign the petition at the website below.

http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/support-ohio-hb-129.html

ube

imported post

NOOOOOOO, I hit my head doing that the first time! LOL..ok I kid, I kid....

But yeah it was interesting and I do havce a voice recorder on my phone and a hot button to turn it on, so it takes like 2 seconds to start a recording if needed.