Thread: 1000 yard outdoor rifle ranges

Post imported post

I was just wondering if anyone knew of any indoor or outdoor 1000 (thousand) yard rifle ranges in Kentucky and within 2 or 3 hours of driving from Lexington. If so please email me at
    robertinp@m2tech.us.

Thank you in advance.

Post imported post

The main range at Knob Creek is ~330 yards, unless there's a separate rifle section I'm not aware of.

Post imported post

chris in va wrote:
    The main range at Knob Creek is ~330 yards, unless there's a separate rifle section I'm not aware of.
    Correct.

Post imported post

From some quick googling I did, looks like the Scott Mountain range at/near Fort Knox goes to 1,000 yards, and is at least at times open to the public. Hope that helps ya out.

Post imported post

The Fifty Caliber Shooters Association holds 1000 yard competitions at Fort Knox. Another .50 BMG group, North Coast Shooters Association is talking about arranging 1000 yard competitions in Kentucky. I have a little bit of additional data, but I'm sworn to secrecy.

There aren't a lot of public 1000 yard ranges in Kentucky. There are some long distance private ranges.

What are you wanting to shoot? Contact me off list if you'd rather not say publicly. I'm in Lexington too, and have a Bluegrass Armory .50 BMG that I'm just starting to shoot. I have a couple of hundred rounds through it, but it's all some cheap plinking ammo I made. I'm about ready to start pursuing long range accuracy.

Relevancy Notice: I open carry my .50 BMG. :shock:
    Buy rice. Buy beans. Buy guns. Buy ammo.
    This is your final SHTF warning.