• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

madison open carry rally

churchmouse

imported post

ATTN:

to whom it may concern,

i just got off the phone with the attn,general's office in wi, they told me this

yes the attn. genaral said that it is open carry, but subject to the whims of local

police depts, then i called madison and asked if a out of state licensed forearms owner does open carry they can, and will be chargerd with dis orderly conduct

i was told to wit: if a citizen of madison is "offended" or imtimadated by the open carry , you will be charged with disorderly conduct regardless what the attn, genaral 's office says

so forwarned is forearmed, exspecially if you you are from out of state

even though the the attn general doesn't specifiy resident or out of state just open carry. just a word to the wise madison police will be on the hunt for arrests& $$$.

happy memorial day all and enjoy churchmouse

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

churchmouse wrote:
ATTN:

to whom it may concern,

i just got off the phone with the attn,general's office in wi, they told me this

yes the attn. genaral said that it is open carry, but subject to the whims of local

police depts, then i called madison and asked if a out of state licensed forearms owner does open carry they can, and will be chargerd with dis orderly conduct

i was told to wit: if a citizen of madison is "offended" or imtimadated by the open carry , you will be charged with disorderly conduct regardless what the attn, genaral 's office says

even though the the attn general doesn't specifiy resident or out of state just open carry. just a word to the wise madison police will be on the hunt for arrests& $$$.

You don't join this forum just to post something like this and then leave.

One Post Count?

I smell a troll.

You didn't call anyone and you didn't get any answer because none of this trash ever happened.

I call bologna on this whole thread, get rid of it.

Brass Magnet

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Even if this was true....which I doubt since the AG's office or the Madison PD take forever to even return a call and this was proposed yesterday.... I would say they are blowing smoke in an attempt to frighten people, which works with sheep. With non-sheeple they will have a lot of civil rights lawsuits on their hands if they try to arrest for DC.

Secondly, you used the word "licensed" which even out of state people are not required to have in wisconsin. Makes it smell even more like trout.

churchmouse

imported post

oh 'contraire" buddy

i was on the phone with a woman last named newall at the Ag's office.

she told me this to the extent of:

we do not give legal advice, to wit i replied i'm not asking for legal advice

i 'm what is the view og the ag's office of an out of state firearms owner going to the a rally with open carry she said it is subject to the whims of the dept of that town,

so i called the madison police dept, talked to the officer- in- charge

i asked again what is the view of the police dept with open carry

he replied havein a il foid didn;t mean a thing as i said in my post before "if citizen is offended or scared by the sight of open carry you could get charged with disorderly conduct he also told me madison is the most liberal town on the planet and if people balk at the color of your socks well you in deep

instead of making "rash statements" why don't you call the ag's office yourself and ask for newall and ask her about the open carry? then call the officer in charge at madison station hmm? when you call the ag's office ask about the guy from il that called twice and see what they tell you.

have a grand holiday and enjoy churchmouse

churchmouse

imported post

by the way, i'm not a wi resident i'm from il my question was from the beginning was this is legal for an out of state resident to open carry in wi? andf btw il residents are "licensed "to buy and own firearms in short "registered"

i hope this clears it up

have a grand holiday and enjoy, churchmouse

old dog

imported post

It appears that most respondents slept through fourth-grade grammar and punctuation.

old dog

imported post

Grammar and punctuation, folks. Too many posts are simply unreadable.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

How would they KNOW if you were not a state resident?

Don Barnett

imported post

Northern Virginia. My "Barnett" side is from the South...Decatur, GA and Charlotte, NC. I grew up in Baltimore, joined the USMC after college and settled in Northern VA. My brothers and Mother still live in Maryland: Carroll and Anne Arundel Counties.

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

churchmouse wrote:
ATTN:

to whom it may concern,

probably the dumbest post ever at OCDO.

WI-Guy

imported post

Don Barnett wrote:
Sounds like they need some preemption laws.

Actually, Don, we do have preemption here in Wisconsin.

That has not been a concern to Madison and Milwaukee in times past, so churchmouse may be have gotten that information - but I doubt it. The current political climate is such that I would not expect Madison P.D. to do anything active.

They may publish warnings and show up to intimidate, but the march should bea peaceful event.

bigdaddy1

imported post

If Churchmouse's post was sincere and hopes to warn us of the police's position on this rally, Thanks for the warning. However most of us expect some local authority to prey on fear and allow us to negate our 2nd amendment rights It is a legal right (not a privilege, not a gift of the state) to carry a weapon (aka firearm) in the USA. The government has been slowly taking control over our lives. Little by little they take away liitle bits of our rights and no one takes action. I dont plan on allowing that to continue.