• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

The Brady Bunch's call for help against the National Park carry provision!

Orygunner

imported post

On the Brady Campaign's Facebook page, they posted the following plea:
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brady-Campaign-to-Prevent-Gun-Violence/6236054211?ref=mf
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Brady-Campaign-to-Prevent-Gun-Violence/6236054211?ref=mf

Boy, they must really be getting desperate, not enough congressmen/women listened to them, so they're asking people to beg the big man himself!

It will probably do as much good as spitting at a tornado, but I gave a call anyway. Waited on hold for about 5 minutes, then was able to give my message to the disinterested sounding lackey:

"Please tell President Obama that I want him to support the provision that allows people to carry firearms in National Parks if allowed by state law, just like the rest of Federal Lands such as National Forests."

"Thanks, I'll pass that along, goodbye."

...Orygunner...

david.ross

imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
wow... they're grasping at straws. Good they're getting ignored.

They'll just cry themselves to sleep after the tantrum stops.
The Brady Bunch told everyone they'll stop going to National Parks if people are allowed to carry, no loss there. They're all the Fatty McFattersons which are waddle rampant in town. I doubt any of them even know what a pine tree looks like in person. :lol:

Orygunner

imported post

insane.kangaroo wrote:
Dispatcher wrote:
insane.kangaroo wrote:
wow... they're grasping at straws. Good they're getting ignored.

They'll just cry themselves to sleep after the tantrum stops.
The Brady Bunch told everyone they'll stop going to National Parks if people are allowed to carry, no loss there. They're all the Fatty McFattersons which are waddle rampant in town. I doubt any of them even know what a pine tree looks like in person. :lol:
Isn't it that green thing that hangs from the rear-view mirror?

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Orygunner wrote:
I've got my mobile on redial for that number and call it every five minutes to voice my support for the Credit Card bill.... never mention the gun provision... I hope I'm one of those who is tying up the line giving the antis the busy signal.

Orygunner

imported post

Washingtonian_For_Liberty, why NOT voice support for the firearms in National Parks provision (officially called the "Protecting Americans from violent crime" provision)?

...Orygunner...

Baradium

imported post

Washintonian_For_Liberty wrote:
I've got my mobile on redial for that number and call it every five minutes to voice my support for the Credit Card bill.... never mention the gun provision... I hope I'm one of those who is tying up the line giving the antis the busy signal.
Why?

Obama already signed the bill. Continuing to call is like campaigning after the election is over.

Washintonian_For_Liberty

imported post

Baradium wrote:
Why?

Obama already signed the bill. Continuing to call is like campaigning after the election is over.

Never stop campaigning.... you lose if you do.

And, it is nice to fill up the White House's answering machine space with useless chatter.... since they never listen anyway.

Baradium

imported post

Baradium wrote:
Why?

Never stop campaigning.... you lose if you do.

And, it is nice to fill up the White House's answering machine space with useless chatter.... since they never listen anyway.
This would be the time to campaign for the NEXT issue, not the one that's already decided.

Toymaker

imported post

They're actually upset with the President for not insisting that theNational Park Carry Amendment be removed beforethe Credit Card bill gotto his desk. Therefore, it's a good thing if they have trouble getting through.:lol:

The Donkey

imported post

Be nice if you call! The White House Comment Line is staffed mostly by volunteers: nice grandmas and retired folk. Keep your comments short and to the point and you'll get a "chit" in the right column.

JoeSparky

Centurion
imported post

Just one question... well maybe 3 ----

I know the Credit card stuff goes into effect in February 2010 but the amendment that WE are so happy about does not have an "effective" date. Did the Brady Bunch slip one by us by passing legislation that NEVER TAKES EFFECT? Or does it take effect NOW since it has been signed into law? or does it have the same effective date as the rest of the credit card stuff?

JoeSparky

Baradium

imported post

JoeSparky wrote:
Just one question... well maybe 3 ----

I know the Credit card stuff goes into effect in February 2010 but the amendment that WE are so happy about does not have an "effective" date. Did the Brady Bunch slip one by us by passing legislation that NEVER TAKES EFFECT? Or does it take effect NOW since it has been signed into law? or does it have the same effective date as the rest of the credit card stuff?

JoeSparky

Laws without an effective date take effect on signing; however, since it's an ammendment, it might take effect along with the rest of the legislation. It depends on how it was written.

T Dubya

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Do you all realize that Obama has been the most gun-friendly President in a long, long time. For once a politician backstepping and turning on campaign promises is actually a very good thing.

The irony ladies and gentlemen. Obama may be the best President for the second amendement since the founding fathers.