Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48

Thread: Obama Signs Credit Card Bill Allowing Weapon Carrying in National Parks!

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Virginia, , USA
    Posts
    311

    Post imported post

    No news links yet...

    But it is signed! It is law!

    Still have to wait 9 months for it to take effect, but it will take effect

  2. #2
    Regular Member david.ross's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA, USA
    Posts
    1,241

    Post imported post

    Hooray! ^_^

    Everyone who did their part politically deserves a pat on the back.
    Gays are prominent members of firearm rights, we do more via the courts, don't like it? Leave.
    Religious bigots against same sex marriage are not different than white supremacists.
    I expel anti-gay people off my teams. Tolerance is key to team cohesion and team building.

  3. #3
    Regular Member paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    The optimist in me says that no LEO would haul my butt off to jail for a law that is already set to expire.

    The pessimist in me isn't quite as optimistic.

    The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses, but now they will be able to crow about supporting the measure as a bone to their pro gun constituents.

    That's politics. Heck the Repubs are just playing catch-up to a game the Dems have been playing for decades. I don't like incorporating dissimilar legislation. Wouldn't it be nice if everybody would just play fair?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    paramedic70002 wrote:
    The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses

    Proof?

  5. #5
    Regular Member paramedic70002's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Franklin, VA, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,448

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:
    The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses

    Proof?
    Huh? I can no more prove this than I can prove the sky is blue.

    Lets see... Obama has never met a gun control law he didn't like; I think that can be agreed upon. Antis are...anti. So they all went for the credit card bill, knowing they were also voting FOR a pro gun bill. That seems like a classical case of holding your nose. Getting something you want/need while at the same time suffering through something you don't want. It's the age old analogy of taking a bitter liquid medication, in spite of the taste, to receive the health empowering medications contained within. You hold your nose to minimize the taste.

    Why am I explaining this?
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

    Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

  6. #6
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    paramedic70002 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:
    The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses

    Proof?
    Huh? I can no more prove this than I can prove the sky is blue.

    Lets see... Obama has never met a gun control law he didn't like; I think that can be agreed upon. Antis are...anti. So they all went for the credit card bill, knowing they were also voting FOR a pro gun bill. That seems like a classical case of holding your nose. Getting something you want/need while at the same time suffering through something you don't want. It's the age old analogy of taking a bitter liquid medication, in spite of the taste, to receive the health empowering medications contained within. You hold your nose to minimize the taste.

    Why am I explaining this?
    That's all very circumstantial. Actual proof or it didn't happen. You have NO idea what his actual reaction to that bill was.



    You're explaining it because one of the biggest problems with this pro-gun crowd is that people make LOTS of totally baseless statements that are accepted as fact. I'm calling you out on one.

    Prove it or it didn't happen.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    Hmmmm... kind'a sounds like the pro-Obamabots accepting all of their fearless leaders narcissitic Alinskyite rants and spew as 'fact'... including global warming. The apologists are hilariously gulping the kommie kool aid faster than they can digest it.

    Obama is anti-2A... and anti anything else 'American'. REALITY SUCKS!

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    Hmmmm... kind'a sounds like the pro-Obamabots accepting all of their fearless leaders narcissitic Alinskyite rants and spew as 'fact'... including global warming. The apologists are hilariously gulping the kommie kool aid faster than they can digest it.

    Obama is anti-2A... and anti anything else 'American'. REALITY SUCKS!
    strawman

  9. #9
    Regular Member Sonora Rebel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Gone
    Posts
    3,958

    Post imported post

    'Droid:



    Here is a quick run down of Obama's gun votes:

    1. Voted AGAINST a law in IL that would protect home owners who use firearms to stop a home invasion!!!! Obama wants law abiding people in prison, to protect crack heads that break into people's homes!!!

    2. Obama opposes Concealed Carry permits NATIONWIDE, even though only select applicants with training and extensive background checks can get licenses. Apparently, Obama is once again putting the rights of criminals, gang members, and drug dealers ahead of the safety of private, law abiding citizens!

    3. Obama states that "34 school-age kids were shot with handguns in ****cago". What Obama FAILS to say is that ****cago BANNED ALL HANDGUNS years ago!!! So in Obama's mind, ALL GUNS EVERYWHERE MUST BE BANNED, since a single city ban has only made the shootings a daily occurrence!

    Here is his idiotic speech on the matter: YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

    4. Gun Law News reported that Senator Barack Obama served on the board of directors for the anti-gun “Joyce Foundation”. Obama's ties to one of the deep pockets that fund anti-gun groups across this country, he lies repeatedly about this!! He denies being anti-gun “just because he sat on a board of a group”. Yeah right!

    5. During his days as a state legislator in Illinois, Obama was a HUGE fan of gun bans and regulation on law abiding citizens ONLY (criminals are fully armed, with lawyers ready to sue people who defend their families and property against criminals).

    Obama supported a ban on all semi-automatic firearms, and wanted to increase the already-draconian laws regarding firearms purchases in Illinois.

    6. Obama was also in favor of renewing the Clinton gun ban back in 2004!!

    7. Obama opposed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. This law was designed to stop trial lawyer junk lawsuits against gun companies. Think about this: Obama wants trial lawyers to ban guns by bankrupting all gun manufacturers. This would be the ultimate gun ban, no doubt about it!!

    If you think about this, should we sue knife manufacturers if a kid stabs himself with a knife? Can we sue pen and pencil manufacturers if a kid pokes its eye out with a pen or pencil? Can we sue gas companies for making the fuel that powered a car that ran someone over? Can we sue car companies for making cars that cause accidents and kill people? Can we sue workout dumbbell companies because someone dropped a dumbbell on someone’s foot??

    Obama seems to think so!!

    8. Barack Obama supports handgun registration!

    This was widely used by the Nazis as a way to be able to fully confiscate every law abiding citizen’s weapons! By registering guns, the government can waltz in and take every weapon from law abiding citizens in a heartbeat! This made it possible for Hitler to install a totalitarian regime in Germany and massacre Jews without resistance.

    We saw it during Katrina, how the Fascist Democrats (Ray “Dumbass” Nagin) sent out the Gestappo and it’s corrupt police force to forcibly disarm law abiding citizens, while criminals terrorized the streets and killed disarmed people!!



    I will add more later. After all, if I were to write about every time Obama has banned guns and then tried to LIE to gun owners about it (like he did during the Idaho primary), I’d be up here alllllll night long!


    SO NOW IT’S YOUR TURN:

    WILL OBAMA’S SOLIDLY ANTI-GUN RECORD CHANGE YOUR VOTE ON HIM??


    Sources:
    YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

    Obama's Anti-gun Record

    Obama's Anti-Gun Stance

    Let's not forget:

    "It's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.''

    - Barack Hussein Obama


    YouTube - Elitist Barrack Obama - The Truth comes out!

  10. #10
    Regular Member Michigander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Mulligan's Valley
    Posts
    4,830

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    We saw it during Katrina, how the Fascist Democrats (Ray “Dumbass” Nagin) sent out the Gestappo and it’s corrupt police force to forcibly disarm law abiding citizens, while criminals terrorized the streets and killed disarmed people!!

    Answer every question about open carry in Michigan you ever had with one convenient and free book- http://libertyisforeveryone.com/open-carry-resources/

    The complete and utter truth can be challenged from every direction and it will always hold up. Accordingly there are few greater displays of illegitimacy than to attempt to impede free thought and communication.

  11. #11
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Centreville, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    581

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:
    The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses

    Proof?
    Huh? I can no more prove this than I can prove the sky is blue.

    Lets see... Obama has never met a gun control law he didn't like; I think that can be agreed upon. Antis are...anti. So they all went for the credit card bill, knowing they were also voting FOR a pro gun bill. That seems like a classical case of holding your nose. Getting something you want/need while at the same time suffering through something you don't want. It's the age old analogy of taking a bitter liquid medication, in spite of the taste, to receive the health empowering medications contained within. You hold your nose to minimize the taste.

    Why am I explaining this?
    That's all very circumstantial. Actual proof or it didn't happen. You have NO idea what his actual reaction to that bill was.



    You're explaining it because one of the biggest problems with this pro-gun crowd is that people make LOTS of totally baseless statements that are accepted as fact. I'm calling you out on one.

    Prove it or it didn't happen.
    What the hell is your problem, seriously?

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Sonora Rebel wrote:
    'Droid:



    Here is a quick run down of Obama's gun votes:

    1. Voted AGAINST a law in IL that would protect home owners who use firearms to stop a home invasion!!!! Obama wants law abiding people in prison, to protect crack heads that break into people's homes!!!

    2. Obama opposes Concealed Carry permits NATIONWIDE, even though only select applicants with training and extensive background checks can get licenses. Apparently, Obama is once again putting the rights of criminals, gang members, and drug dealers ahead of the safety of private, law abiding citizens!

    3. Obama states that "34 school-age kids were shot with handguns in ****cago". What Obama FAILS to say is that ****cago BANNED ALL HANDGUNS years ago!!! So in Obama's mind, ALL GUNS EVERYWHERE MUST BE BANNED, since a single city ban has only made the shootings a daily occurrence!

    Here is his idiotic speech on the matter: YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

    4. Gun Law News reported that Senator Barack Obama served on the board of directors for the anti-gun “Joyce Foundation”. Obama's ties to one of the deep pockets that fund anti-gun groups across this country, he lies repeatedly about this!! He denies being anti-gun “just because he sat on a board of a group”. Yeah right!

    5. During his days as a state legislator in Illinois, Obama was a HUGE fan of gun bans and regulation on law abiding citizens ONLY (criminals are fully armed, with lawyers ready to sue people who defend their families and property against criminals).

    Obama supported a ban on all semi-automatic firearms, and wanted to increase the already-draconian laws regarding firearms purchases in Illinois.

    6. Obama was also in favor of renewing the Clinton gun ban back in 2004!!

    7. Obama opposed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. This law was designed to stop trial lawyer junk lawsuits against gun companies. Think about this: Obama wants trial lawyers to ban guns by bankrupting all gun manufacturers. This would be the ultimate gun ban, no doubt about it!!

    If you think about this, should we sue knife manufacturers if a kid stabs himself with a knife? Can we sue pen and pencil manufacturers if a kid pokes its eye out with a pen or pencil? Can we sue gas companies for making the fuel that powered a car that ran someone over? Can we sue car companies for making cars that cause accidents and kill people? Can we sue workout dumbbell companies because someone dropped a dumbbell on someone’s foot??

    Obama seems to think so!!

    8. Barack Obama supports handgun registration!

    This was widely used by the Nazis as a way to be able to fully confiscate every law abiding citizen’s weapons! By registering guns, the government can waltz in and take every weapon from law abiding citizens in a heartbeat! This made it possible for Hitler to install a totalitarian regime in Germany and massacre Jews without resistance.

    We saw it during Katrina, how the Fascist Democrats (Ray “Dumbass” Nagin) sent out the Gestappo and it’s corrupt police force to forcibly disarm law abiding citizens, while criminals terrorized the streets and killed disarmed people!!



    I will add more later. After all, if I were to write about every time Obama has banned guns and then tried to LIE to gun owners about it (like he did during the Idaho primary), I’d be up here alllllll night long!


    SO NOW IT’S YOUR TURN:

    WILL OBAMA’S SOLIDLY ANTI-GUN RECORD CHANGE YOUR VOTE ON HIM??


    Sources:
    YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

    Obama's Anti-gun Record

    Obama's Anti-Gun Stance

    Let's not forget:

    "It's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.''

    - Barack Hussein Obama


    YouTube - Elitist Barrack Obama - The Truth comes out!


    NONE of that supports his claim that Obama had to "hold his nose" while signing the bill.

    Show me some PROOF that Obama choked his way through the signing entirely because of the national park carry rider.

  13. #13
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    Chaingun81 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:
    The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses

    Proof?
    Huh? I can no more prove this than I can prove the sky is blue.

    Lets see... Obama has never met a gun control law he didn't like; I think that can be agreed upon. Antis are...anti. So they all went for the credit card bill, knowing they were also voting FOR a pro gun bill. That seems like a classical case of holding your nose. Getting something you want/need while at the same time suffering through something you don't want. It's the age old analogy of taking a bitter liquid medication, in spite of the taste, to receive the health empowering medications contained within. You hold your nose to minimize the taste.

    Why am I explaining this?
    That's all very circumstantial. Actual proof or it didn't happen. You have NO idea what his actual reaction to that bill was.



    You're explaining it because one of the biggest problems with this pro-gun crowd is that people make LOTS of totally baseless statements that are accepted as fact. I'm calling you out on one.

    Prove it or it didn't happen.
    What the hell is your problem, seriously?


    I forgot that we love misinformation around here, especially when it supports our agenda. Forgive me, please.



    :quirky

  14. #14
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    Well now, if you were advancing something that you feel should be banned, I imagine you would have a bad taste in your mouth from it.



  15. #15
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461

    Post imported post

    paramedic70002 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:
    paramedic70002 wrote:
    The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses

    Proof?
    Huh? I can no more prove this than I can prove the sky is blue.

    Lets see... Obama has never met a gun control law he didn't like; I think that can be agreed upon. Antis are...anti. So they all went for the credit card bill, knowing they were also voting FOR a pro gun bill. That seems like a classical case of holding your nose. Getting something you want/need while at the same time suffering through something you don't want. It's the age old analogy of taking a bitter liquid medication, in spite of the taste, to receive the health empowering medications contained within. You hold your nose to minimize the taste.

    Why am I explaining this?
    The real question is, why are you entertaining him?

  16. #16
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    thx997303 wrote:
    Well now, if you were advancing something that you feel should be banned, I imagine you would have a bad taste in your mouth from it.

    Did he say he was against carry in national parks?

  17. #17
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    As is thoroughly documented, he is against guns period.

    How could you be for carry in parks, but completely against gun ownership?

    I guess he might just be that superhumanly hypocritical.:?

  18. #18
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    thx997303 wrote:
    As is thoroughly documented, he is against guns period.

    How could you be for carry in parks, but completely against gun ownership?

    I guess he might just be that superhumanly hypocritical.:?


    Because he happens to be an intelligent guy that is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park. I know plenty of people that are pro-gun control, but are logical enough to see that banned carrying in national parks is idiotic.

    The real fact of the matter is that there is NO proof to support the original claim. It is therefore baseless and misinformation.

  19. #19
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    But was it indeed a claim that he literally held his nose? Or was it merely an expression?

    As an expression, your argument is baseless.

  20. #20
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    thx997303 wrote:
    But was it indeed a claim that he literally held his nose? Or was it merely an expression?

    As an expression, your argument is baseless.
    The claim was that he had to choke it down and sign it. There is NOTHING to support that claim other than circumstantial ********. Show me where he's ever said he's against national park carry and you've got a case, otherwise it's baseless crap.

  21. #21
    Regular Member thx997303's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lehi, Utah, USA
    Posts
    2,716

    Post imported post

    Calm down there guy, this is a discussion not an argument.



  22. #22
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    thx997303 wrote:
    Calm down there guy, this is a discussion not an argument.



    Who said I'm not calm? I'm pointing out the obvious fact that the claim has nothing to support it.

  23. #23
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461

    Post imported post

    thx997303 wrote:
    Calm down there guy, this is a discussion not an argument.

    I think you will see that that is the only way for him to havea discussion.

  24. #24
    Regular Member buster81's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,461

    Post imported post

    AWDstylez wrote:


    Because he happens to be an intelligent guy that is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park. .

    Where is your proof of this? Prove it, or it is not so.


  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    , Connecticut, USA
    Posts
    2,715

    Post imported post

    buster81 wrote:
    AWDstylez wrote:


    Because he happens to be an intelligent guy that is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park. .

    Where is your proof of this? Prove it, or it is not so.

    I dunno, he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law. Do you think he might at least be average in intelligence?

    As for the specific issue of park carry, I'm not going to prove a negative. You made the claim that he's against it, you prove the claim.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •