• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Signs Credit Card Bill Allowing Weapon Carrying in National Parks!

buster81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
Because he happens to be an intelligent guy that is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park. .

Where is your proof of this? Prove it, or it is not so.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

buster81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
Because he happens to be an intelligent guy that is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park. .

I dunno, he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law. Do you think he might at least be average in intelligence?

As for the specific issue of park carry, I'm not going to prove a negative. You made the claim that he's against it, you prove the claim.

thx997303

imported post

Well starting to cuss screams calm cool and collected.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/05/national_parks_gun_law_take_ef.html?hpid=moreheadlines
The Oklahoma Republican and a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers has tried for years to get the measure approved, arguing that differences in state and federal firearms restrictions made it difficult for gun owners to travel between state and federal lands. Interior instituted new regulations in the waning weeks of the Bush administration, only to have them rejected by a federal judge in March. The Obama administration refused to appeal the decision and the president signed today's bill with no comment on the gun provisions.
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1533013,CST-NWS-guns19.article

http://www.voyageurs.org/2009/04/20/obama-administration-and-the-gun-regulation/

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6431800.html

Keep in mind, I can't say anything for the accuracy of these stories, as I am not familiar with them. Especially that last one, looks kinda communist to me.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Well starting to cuss screams calm cool and collected.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/federal-eye/2009/05/national_parks_gun_law_take_ef.html?hpid=moreheadlines
The Oklahoma Republican and a bipartisan coalition of lawmakers has tried for years to get the measure approved, arguing that differences in state and federal firearms restrictions made it difficult for gun owners to travel between state and federal lands. Interior instituted new regulations in the waning weeks of the Bush administration, only to have them rejected by a federal judge in March. The Obama administration refused to appeal the decision and the president signed today's bill with no comment on the gun provisions.
style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #f8f8f8"http://www.suntimes.com/news/politics/obama/1533013,CST-NWS-guns19.article

http://www.voyageurs.org/2009/04/20/obama-administration-and-the-gun-regulation/

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/ap/top/all/6431800.html

Keep in mind, I can't say anything for the accuracy of these stories, as I am not familiar with them. Especially that last one, looks kinda communist to me.

So the best you can quote is that he didn't comment on it? Do you realize what the outrage of his supporters would be if he said something positive about it? The very fact that he saidnothing negative furthers my point. Then you proceed to shoot yourself in the foot with an article thatPROVES point:

Before Judge Kollar-Kotelly’s ruling, the Obama Justice Department defended the rule change stating that it “does not alter the environmental status quo, and will not have any significant impacts on public health and safety.”

Sonora Rebel

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
As is thoroughly documented, he is against guns period.

How could you be for carry in parks, but completely against gun ownership?

I guess he might just be that superhumanly hypocritical.:?

Because he happens to be an intelligent guy that is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park. I know plenty of people that are pro-gun control, but are logical enough to see that banned carrying in national parks is idiotic.

The real fact of the matter is that there is NO proof to support the original claim. It is therefore baseless and misinformation.
Obama is an metrocentric Alinskyite Marxist who mesmerisingly postures w/o substance on a daily basis. I believe you are the type who wouldascribe to:

"Ein Reich,Ein Volk, Ein Obama!"

The anti-s are ANTI's.... Look no further than Chicago which spawed this 'obamanation'.

'See any 'citizens' with guns in Chi-town? Logical enough? When's the last time you've entered a national park armed (or entered a national park at all?) I do it daily... it's the only way in/out of here. All of us who live on the pheriphery of the parks must do it, not just the visitors. Do you actually think people tear down their weapons just to pass thru the parks? It doesn't happen.The 'law' was a non-enforced law to begin with. The park director (here) named Broadhead wouldn't even address the subject at the community meeting last year. I queried her directly. This may differ from the kiosk entranced 'parks' in some places... but that's not the case here... There is no entrance... 'just signs. 'Saguero National Park' There's no 'No weapons allowed' notations. Trail riders carry defensive handguns and the Rangers know it.

As somebody else wrote:"What the hell is your problem, seriously?"

buster81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
buster81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

I dunno, he graduated magna cum laude from Harvard Law. Do you think he might at least be average in intelligence?

This doesn't prove your statement. You cannot possibly prove that he "is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park." To steal a phrase from you, prove it or it is not so.

To answer your question "Do you think he might at least be average in intelligence?" I have no idea, but I certainly hope he is smarter than the rest of us.

AWDstylez wrote:

As for the specific issue of park carry, I'm not going to prove a negative. You made the claim that he's against it, you prove the claim.

I made no such claim at all. That claim was made by others. I cannot prove that he held his nose, nor can I prove that he didn't hold his nose. For all I know, he was ecstatic about signing it. It is entirely possible that while signing it, he reached under his desk, tapped Biden on the head, and said "Thank god someone fixed this National Park thing, it was really keeping me up at night."

thx997303

imported post

So the best you can quote is that he didn't comment on it? Do you realize what the outrage of his supporters would be if he said something positive about it? The very fact that he saidnothing negative furthers my point. Then you proceed to shoot yourself in the foot with an article thatPROVES point:

Before Judge Kollar-Kotelly’s ruling, the Obama Justice Department defended the rule change stating that it “does not alter the environmental status quo, and will not have any significant impacts on public health and safety.”
http://www.examiner.com/x-682-National-Parks-Examiner~y2009m2d23-Obama-Administration-misquoted-not-defending-guns-in-national-parks

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

buster81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
buster81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

This doesn't prove your statement. You cannot possibly prove that he "is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park." To steal a phrase from you, prove it or it is not so.

I just did, actually, your buddy did it for me. You must have missed it...

Your attempt to turn things around was full of fail.

Chalk up another win for intelligence and reason, and another loss for rhetoric and propaganda.

buster81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
buster81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
buster81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:

Your attempt to turn things around was full of fail.
Prove it.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:

http://www.examiner.com/x-682-National-Parks-Examiner~y2009m2d23-Obama-Administration-misquoted-not-defending-guns-in-national-parks

LOL Now there's an unbiased, object source. :quirky

Even IF that article isn't a load of crap (and it probably is, given the source), you STILL haven't proved anything. You're managed to fight your case for his neutrality, which still leaves you miles off of him actually opposing national park carry. You've proved my point again by failing to prove yours, thank you.

buster81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:

This doesn't prove your statement.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

thx997303 wrote:
Sorry if I'm confusing your argument withfacts.

No longer reading this thread.
When the facts don't fit the liberal theory... dismiss the facts. The agenda is omnipotent. 'Common liberal malady. You're right... it's a waste of time.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
thx997303 wrote:
Sorry if I'm confusing your argument withfacts.

No longer reading this thread.
When the facts don't fit the liberal theory... dismiss the facts. The agenda is omnipotent. 'Common liberal malady. You're right... it's a waste of time.
As opposed to what? The right-wing approach:state opinion/baseless claim and accept as fact? When called out, say the other side is liberal and hates America, continue to accept baseless claim as fact.

That attitude does wonders for the image of the pro-2A movement.

AWDstylez:
Even IF that article isn't a load of crap (and it probably is, given the source), you STILL haven't proved anything. You've managed to fight your case for his neutrality, which still leaves you miles off of him actually opposing national park carry. You've proved my point again by failing to prove yours, thank you.

Chaingun81

imported post

When your kidis crying for no real reasonand screaming just out of principle and logic fails to stop him, just walk out of the room and stop paying attention. Every kid is doing it for attention and attention only, no matter positive ornegative one,andhe/she will not stop for any logical argument just to keep the attention coming.

You stop paying attention and it's over in a matter of minutes. Any children psychologist will tell you that. AWD is acting like the above mentioned kid - treat him the same way. He does it on a daily basis, on many threads. Just stop playing with him and he'llcalm down. Don't go down to his level.