• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Signs Credit Card Bill Allowing Weapon Carrying in National Parks!

Dispatcher

Campaign Veteran
imported post

No news links yet...

But it is signed! It is law!

Still have to wait 9 months for it to take effect, but it will take effect

paramedic70002

imported post

The optimist in me says that no LEO would haul my butt off to jail for a law that is already set to expire.

The pessimist in me isn't quite as optimistic.

The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses, but now they will be able to crow about supporting the measure as a bone to their pro gun constituents.

That's politics. Heck the Repubs are just playing catch-up to a game the Dems have been playing for decades. I don't like incorporating dissimilar legislation. Wouldn't it be nice if everybody would just play fair?

paramedic70002

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses

Proof?
Huh? I can no more prove this than I can prove the sky is blue.

Lets see... Obama has never met a gun control law he didn't like; I think that can be agreed upon. Antis are...anti. So they all went for the credit card bill, knowing they were also voting FOR a pro gun bill. That seems like a classical case of holding your nose. Getting something you want/need while at the same time suffering through something you don't want. It's the age old analogy of taking a bitter liquid medication, in spite of the taste, to receive the health empowering medications contained within. You hold your nose to minimize the taste.

Why am I explaining this?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
The sad thing here, is that Obama and a bunch of antis signed and voted on this while holding their noses

Proof?

Lets see... Obama has never met a gun control law he didn't like; I think that can be agreed upon. Antis are...anti. So they all went for the credit card bill, knowing they were also voting FOR a pro gun bill. That seems like a classical case of holding your nose. Getting something you want/need while at the same time suffering through something you don't want. It's the age old analogy of taking a bitter liquid medication, in spite of the taste, to receive the health empowering medications contained within. You hold your nose to minimize the taste.

That's all very circumstantial. Actual proof or it didn't happen. You have NO idea what his actual reaction to that bill was.

You're explaining it because one of the biggest problems with this pro-gun crowd is that people make LOTS of totally baseless statements that are accepted as fact. I'm calling you out on one.

Prove it or it didn't happen.

Sonora Rebel

imported post

Hmmmm... kind'a sounds like the pro-Obamabots accepting all of their fearless leaders narcissitic Alinskyite rants and spew as 'fact'... including global warming. The apologists are hilariously gulping the kommie kool aid faster than they can digest it.

Obama is anti-2A... and anti anything else 'American'. REALITY SUCKS!

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
Hmmmm... kind'a sounds like the pro-Obamabots accepting all of their fearless leaders narcissitic Alinskyite rants and spew as 'fact'... including global warming. The apologists are hilariously gulping the kommie kool aid faster than they can digest it.

Obama is anti-2A... and anti anything else 'American'. REALITY SUCKS!

strawman

Sonora Rebel

imported post

'Droid:

Here is a quick run down of Obama's gun votes:

1. Voted AGAINST a law in IL that would protect home owners who use firearms to stop a home invasion!!!! Obama wants law abiding people in prison, to protect crack heads that break into people's homes!!!
eek.gif

2. Obama opposes Concealed Carry permits NATIONWIDE, even though only select applicants with training and extensive background checks can get licenses. Apparently, Obama is once again putting the rights of criminals, gang members, and drug dealers ahead of the safety of private, law abiding citizens!
mad.gif

3. Obama states that "34 school-age kids were shot with handguns in ****cago". What Obama FAILS to say is that ****cago BANNED ALL HANDGUNS years ago!!! So in Obama's mind, ALL GUNS EVERYWHERE MUST BE BANNED, since a single city ban has only made the shootings a daily occurrence!

Here is his idiotic speech on the matter: YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

4. Gun Law News reported that Senator Barack Obama served on the board of directors for the anti-gun “Joyce Foundation”. Obama's ties to one of the deep pockets that fund anti-gun groups across this country, he lies repeatedly about this!! He denies being anti-gun “just because he sat on a board of a group”. Yeah right!
rolleyes.gif

5. During his days as a state legislator in Illinois, Obama was a HUGE fan of gun bans and regulation on law abiding citizens ONLY (criminals are fully armed, with lawyers ready to sue people who defend their families and property against criminals).

Obama supported a ban on all semi-automatic firearms, and wanted to increase the already-draconian laws regarding firearms purchases in Illinois.

6. Obama was also in favor of renewing the Clinton gun ban back in 2004!!

7. Obama opposed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. This law was designed to stop trial lawyer junk lawsuits against gun companies. Think about this: Obama wants trial lawyers to ban guns by bankrupting all gun manufacturers. This would be the ultimate gun ban, no doubt about it!!

If you think about this, should we sue knife manufacturers if a kid stabs himself with a knife? Can we sue pen and pencil manufacturers if a kid pokes its eye out with a pen or pencil? Can we sue gas companies for making the fuel that powered a car that ran someone over? Can we sue car companies for making cars that cause accidents and kill people? Can we sue workout dumbbell companies because someone dropped a dumbbell on someone’s foot??

Obama seems to think so!!
eek.gif

8. Barack Obama supports handgun registration!

This was widely used by the Nazis as a way to be able to fully confiscate every law abiding citizen’s weapons! By registering guns, the government can waltz in and take every weapon from law abiding citizens in a heartbeat! This made it possible for Hitler to install a totalitarian regime in Germany and massacre Jews without resistance.

We saw it during Katrina, how the Fascist Democrats (Ray “Dumbass” Nagin) sent out the Gestappo and it’s corrupt police force to forcibly disarm law abiding citizens, while criminals terrorized the streets and killed disarmed people!!

I will add more later. After all, if I were to write about every time Obama has banned guns and then tried to LIE to gun owners about it (like he did during the Idaho primary), I’d be up here alllllll night long!

SO NOW IT’S YOUR TURN:

WILL OBAMA’S SOLIDLY ANTI-GUN RECORD CHANGE YOUR VOTE ON HIM??

Sources:
YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

Obama's Anti-gun Record

Obama's Anti-Gun Stance

Let's not forget:

"It's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.''

- Barack Hussein Obama

YouTube - Elitist Barrack Obama - The Truth comes out!

Michigander

imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
We saw it during Katrina, how the Fascist Democrats (Ray “Dumbass” Nagin) sent out the Gestappo and it’s corrupt police force to forcibly disarm law abiding citizens, while criminals terrorized the streets and killed disarmed people!!

idiot_and_henchman.jpg

Chaingun81

imported post

AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:

Proof?

That's all very circumstantial. Actual proof or it didn't happen. You have NO idea what his actual reaction to that bill was.

You're explaining it because one of the biggest problems with this pro-gun crowd is that people make LOTS of totally baseless statements that are accepted as fact. I'm calling you out on one.

What the hell is your problem, seriously?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Sonora Rebel wrote:
'Droid:

Here is a quick run down of Obama's gun votes:

1. Voted AGAINST a law in IL that would protect home owners who use firearms to stop a home invasion!!!! Obama wants law abiding people in prison, to protect crack heads that break into people's homes!!!
eek.gif

2. Obama opposes Concealed Carry permits NATIONWIDE, even though only select applicants with training and extensive background checks can get licenses. Apparently, Obama is once again putting the rights of criminals, gang members, and drug dealers ahead of the safety of private, law abiding citizens!
mad.gif

3. Obama states that "34 school-age kids were shot with handguns in ****cago". What Obama FAILS to say is that ****cago BANNED ALL HANDGUNS years ago!!! So in Obama's mind, ALL GUNS EVERYWHERE MUST BE BANNED, since a single city ban has only made the shootings a daily occurrence!

Here is his idiotic speech on the matter: YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

4. Gun Law News reported that Senator Barack Obama served on the board of directors for the anti-gun “Joyce Foundation”. Obama's ties to one of the deep pockets that fund anti-gun groups across this country, he lies repeatedly about this!! He denies being anti-gun “just because he sat on a board of a group”. Yeah right!
rolleyes.gif

5. During his days as a state legislator in Illinois, Obama was a HUGE fan of gun bans and regulation on law abiding citizens ONLY (criminals are fully armed, with lawyers ready to sue people who defend their families and property against criminals).

Obama supported a ban on all semi-automatic firearms, and wanted to increase the already-draconian laws regarding firearms purchases in Illinois.

6. Obama was also in favor of renewing the Clinton gun ban back in 2004!!

7. Obama opposed the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act. This law was designed to stop trial lawyer junk lawsuits against gun companies. Think about this: Obama wants trial lawyers to ban guns by bankrupting all gun manufacturers. This would be the ultimate gun ban, no doubt about it!!

If you think about this, should we sue knife manufacturers if a kid stabs himself with a knife? Can we sue pen and pencil manufacturers if a kid pokes its eye out with a pen or pencil? Can we sue gas companies for making the fuel that powered a car that ran someone over? Can we sue car companies for making cars that cause accidents and kill people? Can we sue workout dumbbell companies because someone dropped a dumbbell on someone’s foot??

Obama seems to think so!!
eek.gif

8. Barack Obama supports handgun registration!

This was widely used by the Nazis as a way to be able to fully confiscate every law abiding citizen’s weapons! By registering guns, the government can waltz in and take every weapon from law abiding citizens in a heartbeat! This made it possible for Hitler to install a totalitarian regime in Germany and massacre Jews without resistance.

I will add more later. After all, if I were to write about every time Obama has banned guns and then tried to LIE to gun owners about it (like he did during the Idaho primary), I’d be up here alllllll night long!

SO NOW IT’S YOUR TURN:

WILL OBAMA’S SOLIDLY ANTI-GUN RECORD CHANGE YOUR VOTE ON HIM??

Sources:
YouTube - Obama And The Second Amendment

Obama's Anti-gun Record

Obama's Anti-Gun Stance

Let's not forget:

"It's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or antipathy to people who aren't like them or anti-immigrant sentiment or anti-trade sentiment as a way to explain their frustrations.''

- Barack Hussein Obama

YouTube - Elitist Barrack Obama - The Truth comes out!

NONE of that supports his claim that Obama had to "hold his nose" while signing the bill.

Show me some PROOF that Obama choked his way through the signing entirely because of the national park carry rider.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

Chaingun81 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:

Proof?

What the hell is your problem, seriously?

I forgot that we love misinformation around here, especially when it supports our agenda. Forgive me, please.

:quirky

thx997303

imported post

Well now, if you were advancing something that you feel should be banned, I imagine you would have a bad taste in your mouth from it.

buster81

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
AWDstylez wrote:
paramedic70002 wrote:

Proof?

The real question is, why are you entertaining him?

thx997303

imported post

As is thoroughly documented, he is against guns period.

How could you be for carry in parks, but completely against gun ownership?

I guess he might just be that superhumanly hypocritical.:?

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
As is thoroughly documented, he is against guns period.

How could you be for carry in parks, but completely against gun ownership?

I guess he might just be that superhumanly hypocritical.:?

Because he happens to be an intelligent guy that is plenty capable of seeing the idiocy of being able to carry all around the rest of the state... just not in the park. I know plenty of people that are pro-gun control, but are logical enough to see that banned carrying in national parks is idiotic.

The real fact of the matter is that there is NO proof to support the original claim. It is therefore baseless and misinformation.

thx997303

imported post

But was it indeed a claim that he literally held his nose? Or was it merely an expression?

As an expression, your argument is baseless.

AWDstylez

Banned
imported post

thx997303 wrote:
But was it indeed a claim that he literally held his nose? Or was it merely an expression?

As an expression, your argument is baseless.
The claim was that he had to choke it down and sign it. There is NOTHING to support that claim other than circumstantial bullshit. Show me where he's ever said he's against national park carry and you've got a case, otherwise it's baseless crap.