• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Bersa model 85, .380ACP

GWbiker

imported post

I picked up one a few days ago. All steel DA/SA fixed barrel .380ACP, 13+1. Dry and filthy as hell and only one magazine. Was imported by RSA Enterprises, Ocean New Jersey, back in the early 90's I guess.

I thought, for $250....why not?

After a 3 hour cleaning and a generous lube on frame/slide rails (Slide Glide), I took it to the indoor range yesterday. I found the Bersa model 85 to be VERY accurate and reliable at 21'. It loves JHP, either Corbon or Remington at POA and shoots 3-4" low with FMJ.

Bersa is nearly the same size as the Firestar M-43, but about 3oz lighter and has double the firepower with a little less steam. Soooooo, it's a keeper..:cool:

I like the Firestar M-43, but used prices for one at gun shows have topped $500, so it's due for retirement.

GWbiker

imported post

redlegagent wrote:
Gee, you got .380 ammo where you live. :p
I picked up 1,000 rounds late last summer, well before the Massiah got elected.

And *NO*....you can't have any!;)

jbird

imported post

GWbiker wrote:
redlegagent wrote:
Gee, you got .380 ammo where you live. :p
I picked up 1,000 rounds late last summer, well before the Massiah got elected.

And *NO*....you can't have any!;)

Didn't your mother teach you to share? :D

Good buy on the pistol. I've owned two Bersas and they were both excellent pistols.

Jay