Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 33

Thread: Idiot w/ a gun starting the weekend right

  1. #1
    Campaign Veteran
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Virginia, USA
    Posts
    236

    Post imported post

    Why do people think they need to do this? Gun not pulled in road rage

    but at least evidence was gathered quickly You never know who is watching (news crew). I guess they will have a hard time lying this away....

  2. #2
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    coltcarrier wrote:
    Why do people think they need to do this? Gun not pulled in road rage

    but at least evidence was gathered quickly You never know who is watching (news crew). I guess they will have a hard time lying this away....
    No front license plate on the BMW. Wasn't from VA. The only states I know of around herethat only have a rear plateare PA & DE, I think...
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Bluefield, West Virginia, USA
    Posts
    113

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    No front license plate on the BMW. Wasn't from VA. The only states I know of around herethat only have a rear plateare PA & DE, I think...
    Depends on your definition of "around here" I guess.

    WV and NC are rear-plate only too.

  4. #4
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    Since this was a VIRGINIA forum, I meant VA.

    I forgot NC and WV are rear-plate only states, too.

    My guess they were "Northerners" because of the time of day and day of the week(Afternoon on a holiday weekend) and southbound on I-95 in the DC area when the incident happened.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  5. #5
    Founder's Club Member - Moderator ed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    4,848

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    coltcarrier wrote:
    Why do people think they need to do this? Gun not pulled in road rage

    but at least evidence was gathered quickly You never know who is watching (news crew). I guess they will have a hard time lying this away....
    No front license plate on the BMW. Wasn't from VA. The only states I know of around herethat only have a rear plateare PA & DE, I think...
    I see plenty of VA cars that don't have a front plate.. These two nuts were not very good followers of the law so could have been from VA with no front plate
    Carry On.

    Ed

    VirginiaOpenCarry.Org (Coins, Shirts and Patches)
    - - - -
    For VA Open Carry Cards send a S.A.2S.E. to: Ed's OC cards, Box 16143, Wash DC 20041-6143 (they are free but some folks enclose a couple bucks too)

  6. #6
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    I STILL maintain they were Northerners for one really good reason:

    THEIR POOR MANNERS!:what:
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    970

    Post imported post

    I can't say I blame the guy for doing that with the way that some people drive around here.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Louisa County, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    821

    Post imported post

    When both cars stopped, the driver of the BMW got out of his car and walked up to the woman's car, opened his shirt and displayed a handgun at his waist, said Geller.
    I'm certain that, in all of it's awesome honesty, the media is giving a full and honest account of the entirety of the facts.

    Although it's stupid to get all wound up because someone else is a jerk.

    What good do people think they are going to do by pulling off the road to 'have a conversation'?

    "Hey, you're a jerk!!!"

    "Why, thank you for that objective observation on my behaviour. I never really looked at it that way. Have a nice day." [Gee, what a nice guy.]

  9. #9
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    I STILL maintain they were Northerners for one really good reason:

    THEIR POOR MANNERS!:what:


  10. #10
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    Watch the video again. The BMW has a Virginia Inspection sticker and a county decal on the windshield. There are dealer plates that are rear only.

    For all you other idiots wanna-be just remember that their are traffic cameras too and it slow traffic you can read a license plate. Front ones too for that matter.

  11. #11
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    I STILL maintain they were Northerners for one really good reason:

    THEIR POOR MANNERS!:what:
    Hey come on now, I'm from Maine and I have plenty of manners. I wouldn't exactly call southerners the definition of polite... But then again Maine and NH are very different from the rest of New England.. Those guys looked like Yankees fans anyway, which would explain a lot.

  12. #12
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    hunter45 wrote:
    I can't say I blame the guy for doing that with the way that some people drive around here.
    Amen to that, I've never seen so many stupid drivers in one area... Maybe southern Maryland around D.C.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Richmond Lynchburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    636

    Post imported post

    Remember driving is a privilege not a Right. There is absolutely No Excuse for poor driving habits or bad manners. You are operating a one to two ton piece of machinery.

  14. #14
    Regular Member TFred's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Most historic town in, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    7,705

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    Watch the video again. The BMW has a Virginia Inspection sticker and a county decal on the windshield. There are dealer plates that are rear only.

    For all you other idiots wanna-be just remember that their are traffic cameras too and it slow traffic you can read a license plate. Front ones too for that matter.
    I think it would be rare for a dealer plated car to have a county sticker. They can't give you a county sticker until you own the car in a certain county.

    I would guess it's more likely the BMW owner decided they didn't like the look of a plate on the front. If you're willing to brandish a gun, I don't think you're going to lose too much sleep over a simple license plate.

    TFred

  15. #15
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    Hendu024 wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    I can't say I blame the guy for doing that with the way that some people drive around here.
    Amen to that, I've never seen so many stupid drivers in one area... Maybe southern Maryland around D.C.
    I guess you haven't travelled much around this country... The WORST drivers I've seen in my nationwide travels was in BOSTON! NYC is a very close Second!
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  16. #16
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    112

    Post imported post

    The placement of the inspection stickers on the BMWeliminates PA. Just sayin...
    I can tell you've been Rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

  17. #17
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Hendu024 wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    I can't say I blame the guy for doing that with the way that some people drive around here.
    Amen to that, I've never seen so many stupid drivers in one area... Maybe southern Maryland around D.C.
    I guess you haven't travelled much around this country... The WORST drivers I've seen in my nationwide travels was in BOSTON! NYC is a very close Second!
    That's why we call them M@$$holes. And yes, NYC is awful too, but just the sheer overpopulation in the D.C. area makes it worse, IMO.

  18. #18
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Saginaw, Michigan, USA
    Posts
    52

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Hendu024 wrote:
    hunter45 wrote:
    I can't say I blame the guy for doing that with the way that some people drive around here.
    Amen to that, I've never seen so many stupid drivers in one area... Maybe southern Maryland around D.C.
    I guess you haven't travelled much around this country... The WORST drivers I've seen in my nationwide travels was in BOSTON! NYC is a very close Second!
    Sounds like you haven't driven around Detroit. Extremely Bad drivers!

  19. #19
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    4 hours south of HankT, ,
    Posts
    5,121

    Post imported post

    kenny wrote:
    Remember driving is a privilege not a Right. There is absolutely No Excuse for poor driving habits or bad manners. You are operating a one to two ton piece of machinery.
    This crap again? Please.

    Back on topic: Obviously road rage is stupid, and following another car off a ramp is asking for trouble, especially with your family in your car! And the BMW occupants are also stupid, and thuggish to boot. (You guys know the joke about the difference between a porcupine and a BMW, right? The former has the pricks on the outside.)

    So, ignoring the mistakes that led up to this, what is the proper response when someone walks up to your window in traffic and brandishes a gun in your face, but doesn't actually draw? Do you think what this thug did constitute a deadly threat?

    I know what I think.



  20. #20
    Regular Member MSC 45ACP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Newport News, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,845

    Post imported post

    My humble apologies for derailing the topic thread...

    The thug brandished a firearm. Fortunately, no one was hurt. The woman admits to escalating the situation. Even the smallest automobiles are capable of killing someone.

    We all need to remember our manners, ESPECIALLY on the road and when carrying a firearm. Whenever we "strap on" a firearm, we are accepting a higher level of responsibility and need to maintain even MORE self-control than most people do. We can't afford to "lose our minds" in a silly disagreement on the highway or anywhere else.

    When I was younger and long before I ever started OC or CCing, I had "poor driving manners" and often annoyed other drivers. After a couple people getting so pissed off they followed me for 20 minutes or more, I decided to drive less agressively. I'd like to think I've grown up a lot. Now I just vent verbally in the confines of my own vehicle (which still annoys my family), but I feel better after I verbally vent in the safety of my own vehicle.

    I don't make hand gestures or even make eye contact with other drivers (In some places, that's a sign of weakness ). When I encounter someone that is obviously in a hurry to go somewhere, I get OUT of the way. it isn't worth getting into an car wreck or gunfight over. I see daily examples of road rage. Fortunately, I'm always a witness to these incidents and not a participant.

    Sometimes when carrying a firearm, your best tactic is to remain invisible or low-profile rather than bring attention to yourself. Suprise is often a strong part of a good defense. Whenever I OC, I'm also ready to CC if the situation looks like I may want to remain anonymous.
    "If I know that I am headed for a fight, I want something larger with more power, preferably crew-served.
    However, like most of us, as I go through my daily life, I carry something a bit more compact, with a lot less power."
    (unknown 'gun~writer')

    Remington 1911 R1 (Back to Basics)
    SERPA retention or concealed...

    "Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." ~Thomas Jefferson
    (Borrowed from "The Perfect Day" by LTC Dave Grossman)

  21. #21
    Regular Member Hendu024's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Virginia Beach, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    447

    Post imported post

    MSC 45ACP wrote:
    Snip.... Suprise is often a strong part of a good defense. Whenever I OC, I'm also ready to CC if the situation looks like I may want to remain anonymous.
    +1



  22. #22
    Accomplished Advocate peter nap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    , ,
    Posts
    13,580

    Post imported post

    Yep.......I hate the bad drivers here:



  23. #23
    Regular Member Neplusultra's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Christiansburg, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    2,228

    Post imported post

    I feel your pain, Peter. I'm leaving for NOVA right now. We'll see how many bad drivers I meet on the way :^).

  24. #24
    Activist Member Wolf_shadow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Accomac, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,213

    Post imported post

    The great northern army now uses Rt 13 thru the shore to get to to Va Beach, the Outer Banks and points south. Haven't figured out which is worse. NY, PA, Mass, Conn, NH etc.. Traffic getting worse every year, at times out of state tags out number VA three to one.


    Yes I carry a Bible and a Gun, your point.
    Vindiciae Contra Tyrannos (meaning: "A defence of liberty against tyrants")
    Benjamin Franklin said, "A government that does not trust it's citizens with guns is a government that should not be trusted."



  25. #25
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    US
    Posts
    3,156

    Post imported post

    Neplusultra wrote:
    I feel your pain, Peter. I'm leaving for NOVA right now. We'll see how many bad drivers I meet on the way :^).
    Must be an important reason to come up here!

    Actually when out and about today I just thought to myself how much I love it here, if only all the idiots and 'carpetbaggers' wern't occupying the area.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •