• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idiot w/ a gun starting the weekend right

MSC 45ACP

Elkad

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
No front license plate on the BMW. Wasn't from VA. The only states I know of around herethat only have a rear plateare PA & DE, I think...
Depends on your definition of "around here" I guess.

WV and NC are rear-plate only too.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Since this was a VIRGINIA forum, I meant VA. ;)

I forgot NC and WV are rear-plate only states, too.

My guess they were "Northerners" because of the time of day and day of the week(Afternoon on a holiday weekend) and southbound on I-95 in the DC area when the incident happened.

ed

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
Loudoun County - Dulles Airport, Virginia, USA
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
coltcarrier wrote:
Why do people think they need to do this? Gun not pulled in road rage

but at least evidence was gathered quickly You never know who is watching (news crew). I guess they will have a hard time lying this away....
No front license plate on the BMW. Wasn't from VA. The only states I know of around herethat only have a rear plateare PA & DE, I think...
I see plenty of VA cars that don't have a front plate.. These two nuts were not very good followers of the law so could have been from VA with no front plate

Glock27Bill

imported post

When both cars stopped, the driver of the BMW got out of his car and walked up to the woman's car, opened his shirt and displayed a handgun at his waist, said Geller.
I'm certain that, in all of it's awesome honesty, the media is giving a full and honest account of the entirety of the facts.

Although it's stupid to get all wound up because someone else is a jerk.

What good do people think they are going to do by pulling off the road to 'have a conversation'?

"Hey, you're a jerk!!!"

"Why, thank you for that objective observation on my behaviour. I never really looked at it that way. Have a nice day." [Gee, what a nice guy.]

kenny

imported post

Watch the video again. The BMW has a Virginia Inspection sticker and a county decal on the windshield. There are dealer plates that are rear only.

For all you other idiots wanna-be just remember that their are traffic cameras too and it slow traffic you can read a license plate. Front ones too for that matter.

Hendu024

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
I STILL maintain they were Northerners for one really good reason:

THEIR POOR MANNERS!:what:
Hey come on now, I'm from Maine and I have plenty of manners. I wouldn't exactly call southerners the definition of polite... But then again Maine and NH are very different from the rest of New England.. Those guys looked like Yankees fans anyway, which would explain a lot. :banghead:

TFred

imported post

kenny wrote:
Watch the video again. The BMW has a Virginia Inspection sticker and a county decal on the windshield. There are dealer plates that are rear only.

For all you other idiots wanna-be just remember that their are traffic cameras too and it slow traffic you can read a license plate. Front ones too for that matter.
I think it would be rare for a dealer plated car to have a county sticker. They can't give you a county sticker until you own the car in a certain county.

I would guess it's more likely the BMW owner decided they didn't like the look of a plate on the front. If you're willing to brandish a gun, I don't think you're going to lose too much sleep over a simple license plate.

TFred

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Hendu024 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
I can't say I blame the guy for doing that with the way that some people drive around here.
Amen to that, I've never seen so many stupid drivers in one area... Maybe southern Maryland around D.C.
I guess you haven't travelled much around this country... The WORST drivers I've seen in my nationwide travels was in BOSTON! NYC is a very close Second!

Hendu024

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Hendu024 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
I can't say I blame the guy for doing that with the way that some people drive around here.
Amen to that, I've never seen so many stupid drivers in one area... Maybe southern Maryland around D.C.
I guess you haven't travelled much around this country... The WORST drivers I've seen in my nationwide travels was in BOSTON! NYC is a very close Second!
That's why we call them M@$$holes. And yes, NYC is awful too, but just the sheer overpopulation in the D.C. area makes it worse, IMO.

SemperFiGuy

imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Hendu024 wrote:
hunter45 wrote:
Sounds like you haven't driven around Detroit. Extremely Bad drivers!

Tomahawk

imported post

kenny wrote:
Remember driving is a privilege not a Right. There is absolutely No Excuse for poor driving habits or bad manners. You are operating a one to two ton piece of machinery.

This crap again? Please.

Back on topic: Obviously road rage is stupid, and following another car off a ramp is asking for trouble, especially with your family in your car! And the BMW occupants are also stupid, and thuggish to boot. (You guys know the joke about the difference between a porcupine and a BMW, right? The former has the pricks on the outside.)

So, ignoring the mistakes that led up to this, what is the proper response when someone walks up to your window in traffic and brandishes a gun in your face, but doesn't actually draw? Do you think what this thug did constitute a deadly threat?

I know what I think.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

My humble apologies for derailing the topic thread...

The thug brandished a firearm. Fortunately, no one was hurt. The woman admits to escalating the situation. Even the smallest automobiles are capable of killing someone.

We all need to remember our manners, ESPECIALLY on the road and when carrying a firearm. Whenever we "strap on" a firearm, we are accepting a higher level of responsibility and need to maintain even MORE self-control than most people do. We can't afford to "lose our minds" in a silly disagreement on the highway or anywhere else.

When I was younger and long before I ever started OC or CCing, I had "poor driving manners" and often annoyed other drivers. After a couple people getting so pissed off they followed me for 20 minutes or more, I decided to drive less agressively. I'd like to think I've grown up a lot. Now I just vent verbally in the confines of my own vehicle (which still annoys my family), but I feel better after I verbally vent in the safety of my own vehicle.

I don't make hand gestures or even make eye contact with other drivers (In some places, that's a sign of weakness ;)). When I encounter someone that is obviously in a hurry to go somewhere, I get OUT of the way. it isn't worth getting into an car wreck or gunfight over. I see daily examples of road rage. Fortunately, I'm always a witness to these incidents and not a participant. :D

Sometimes when carrying a firearm, your best tactic is to remain invisible or low-profile rather than bring attention to yourself. Suprise is often a strong part of a good defense. Whenever I OC, I'm also ready to CC if the situation looks like I may want to remain anonymous.