• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Idiot w/ a gun starting the weekend right

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Yep.......I hate the bad drivers here:

road-1.jpg

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

The great northern army now uses Rt 13 thru the shore to get to to Va Beach, the Outer Banks and points south. Haven't figured out which is worse. NY, PA, Mass, Conn, NH etc.. Traffic getting worse every year, at times out of state tags out number VA three to one.

:cuss:

nova

imported post

Neplusultra wrote:
I feel your pain, Peter. I'm leaving for NOVA right now. We'll see how many bad drivers I meet on the way :^).
Must be an important reason to come up here!

Actually when out and about today I just thought to myself how much I love it here, if only all the idiots and 'carpetbaggers' wern't occupying the area.

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

nova wrote:
Neplusultra wrote:
I feel your pain, Peter. I'm leaving for NOVA right now. We'll see how many bad drivers I meet on the way :^).
Must be an important reason to come up here!

Actually when out and about today I just thought to myself how much I love it here, if only all the idiots and 'carpetbaggers' wern't occupying the area.
ROFL...I damn near blew coffee on my laptop again:lol:
I keep hoping the swine flu will thin them down some.

MSC 45ACP

imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
The great northern army now uses Rt 13 thru the shore to get to to Va Beach, the Outer Banks and points south. Haven't figured out which is worse. NY, PA, Mass, Conn, NH etc.. Traffic getting worse every year, at times out of state tags out number VA three to one.

I'm sure there is an upside to their using Rt 13... I bet they are good for increasing the county's coffers in the revenue produced by the Yankees' inability to stick to the posted speed limits. I bet they LOVE donating those yankee dollars to the nearest speed trap. They aren't likely to want to come back for a court appearance.

When a trooper or deputy on the Eastern Shore has a choice between two speeders doing the same speed, will he choose a neighbor or someone from out ot state?

:idea:

Wolf_shadow

Activist Member
imported post

MSC 45ACP wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:

I'm sure there is an upside to their using Rt 13... I bet they are good for increasing the county's coffers in the revenue produced by the Yankees' inability to stick to the posted speed limits. I bet they LOVE donating those yankee dollars to the nearest speed trap. They aren't likely to want to come back for a court appearance.

When a trooper or deputy on the Eastern Shore has a choice between two speeders doing the same speed, will he choose a neighbor or someone from out ot state?

They get some, but rural area and not many officers. They were running traps in a few spots though. My Idea is put a toll gate at the Maryland line and charge 20.00 for all north of Maryland. Due to nature of shore we have to get along with Eastern Shore of Maryland too. Nearest major shopping area. 60 miles to Va Beach and Norfolk across CBBT or 30 miles to Pocomoke Md.

Of course that means I must disarm at the line.:banghead:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

Wolf_shadow wrote:
MSC 45ACP wrote:
Wolf_shadow wrote:

They get some, but rural area and not many officers. They were running traps in a few spots though. My Idea is put a toll gate at the Maryland line and charge 20.00 for all north of Maryland. Due to nature of shore we have to get along with Eastern Shore of Maryland too. Nearest major shopping area. 60 miles to Va Beach and Norfolk across CBBT or 30 miles to Pocomoke Md.

Of course that means I must disarm at the line.:banghead:

You're a lucky maen though..... That area's beautiful enough to put up with the Mary Landers.:cool:

peter nap

Accomplished Advocate
imported post

hawgasm wrote:
peter nap wrote:
Yep.......I hate the bad drivers here:

road-1.jpg
no matter where this road is, its a bikers dream! beautiful scenery, and no other vehicles!
Rt 49 at the Lunenburg/Mecklinburg line...and yes, it is beautiful.