Thread: Mike, ready to change Tennessee to Green

Post imported post

Just wanted to let everyone know, the Tennessee Resturaunt Carry bill (HB0962/SB1127) was sent to Governpr Phil Bredeson for signing on May 19th of 2009.

The governor has, by law, 10 days (not counting Sundays) to either sign or veto this bill, or it becomes law by default. There was a veto-proof majority that approved this bill in both the Tennessee House and Senate. Barring a very unexpected veto, Tennesseans with Handgun Carry Permits will finally be able to carry their sidearms into places that server alcohol for on-site consumption (as long as they don't drink themselves).

So, Mike, are you ready to change that map color for us? :celebrate

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/Bill...lNumber=HB0962

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

WCrawford wrote:
    Just wanted to let everyone know, the Tennessee Resturaunt Carry bill (HB0962/SB1127) was sent to Governpr Phil Bredeson for signing on May 19th of 2009.

The governor has, by law, 10 days (not counting Sundays) to either sign or veto this bill, or it becomes law by default. There was a veto-proof majority that approved this bill in both the Tennessee House and Senate. Barring a very unexpected veto, Tennesseans with Handgun Carry Permits will finally be able to carry their sidearms into places that server alcohol for on-site consumption (as long as they don't drink themselves).

So, Mike, are you ready to change that map color for us? :celebrate

http://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/apps/Bill...lNumber=HB0962
    I hope this becomes law in your state.

Virginians have always been able to open carry into establishments that serve and sell alcohol, but we cannot conceal.

Here's to hoping that we can accomplish something similar in Virginiawith conceal carry next year. We'll need Bob McDonnell to get it done though.

Post imported post

Dispatcher wrote:
    I hope this becomes law in your state.

Virginians have always been able to open carry into establishments that serve and sell alcohol, but we cannot conceal.

Here's to hoping that we can accomplish something similar in Virginiawith conceal carry next year. We'll need Bob McDonnell to get it done though.
    As long as there is no veto on or before May 30, 2009, it will be law and effective on June 1, 2009.

As a side note, I like Virginia's law. I hate concealing, I always feel as if I'm a criminal.

Post imported post

Hey Dispatcher I donated to McDonnell's campaign and I don't even live in Virginia. I do follow vcdl.org and other Virginia stuff through web forums. I do hope he wins so the 2A rights can be continued in Va. Anyone but McAuliffe. Yuck