Thread: Funny Video of a Self Defense situation

Post imported post

Post imported post

Don't talk. Shoot. Repeat. That guy was incredibly lucky. Heck if I'd want to be arguing with a numb skull with my gun in grabbing distance, especially with his (initially) pointed at me. Starts off as a robbery. Changes to a Mexican standoff. Ends up as a debate. Sheesh!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar

Post imported post

He is alive only because Mother Nature was not making selections that day.

Yata hey
    You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training.” Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

Still a funny story though.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

My wife and I watched the video and her comment "good for him!"

Post imported post

Funny story, but I would be shooting than talking if that happens in my adobe.

Regular Member sudden valley gunner's Avatar

Post imported post

And I would be your back up Manu. LOL.

I was wondering though maybe the guy noticed something about the gun we don't see on the video. Safety on? Something?

But I am with Manu on this one. I couldn't see my self taken the time to have a conversation with someone who has a gun in my face.
    I am not anti Cop I am just pro Citizen.

U.S. v. Minker, 350 US 179, at page 187
    "Because of what appears to be a lawful command on the surface, many citizens, because
    of their respect for what only appears to be a law, are cunningly coerced into waiving their
    rights, due to ignorance." (Paraphrased)

Post imported post

I would have shot th SOB for pointing A little .22 or .25 at me in the first place. How stupid can you be to try robbing A place with some .22 LR. You are pretty stupid. I would have put A .45 ACP or 2 down the pipe.

Post imported post

I would have shot th SOB for pointing A little .22 or .25 at me in the first place. How stupid can you be to try robbing A place with some .22 LR. You are pretty stupid. I would have put A .45 ACP or 2 down the pipe.

Post imported post

God I love that video! However, I would have drawn my gun and started firing.

Post imported post

"Fancy that" LOL

Post imported post

Not real smart trying to talk a guy down with a gun aimed at you, IMO.

I would expect a guy thats already decided to use a gun to rob me has already made the decisionto kill me to get what he wants...point a gun at me andI am in fear of great bodily harm or death.

Post imported post

funny video but that guy is extreemly lucky, that small gun he had pointed at him could have very well killed him, size does not matter, i would have drawn and fired.

Post imported post

It is our cause to dispel the foggy thinking which avoids hard decisions in the delusion that a world of conflict will somehow mysteriously resolve itself into a world of harmony, if we just don't rock the boat or irritate the forces of aggression—and this is hogwash."
    --Barry Goldwater, 1964

Post imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
    Don't talk. Shoot. Repeat. That guy was incredibly lucky. Heck if I'd want to be arguing with a numb skull with my gun in grabbing distance, especially with his (initially) pointed at me. Starts off as a robbery. Changes to a Mexican standoff. Ends up as a debate. Sheesh!
    100% agreed, never give them the few seconds to get shots off. This is not Hollywood where you can talk a bad guy down, that and save your country millions by stopping him from doing it again.
    -I come in peace, I didn't bring artillery. But I am pleading with you with tears in my eyes: If you screw with me, I'll kill you all.
    -Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.
    Marine General James Mattis,

Post imported post

wally1120 wrote:
    .22LR can be plenty deadly, especially at that range. Two or three of those little bullets in your fat head, and the BG has a brand new .45 to threaten his next victim with.

Cute story, but next time: shoot first.

As a whole, actually, I'm not particularly impressed with the loan officer's handling of his weapon, or the situation.

Post imported post

There is no need to say "fat head". I would be freaked out with having a ,22LR pointed at me. I would be opening up my .45 up, Instead of just pointing it at the BG. That guy wouldn`t have a chance to shoot me, I would take the gun pointed at me seriously, And I would be tripping my gun off.

I am not saying that certain guns aren`t deadly, I know they all are. I would have shot the idiot tho. Hell I have heard people from dying from a strike with a newspaper, Dosen`t take much to kill a person.

Post imported post

wally1120 wrote:
    There is no need to say "fat head". I would be freaked out with having a ,22LR pointed at me. I would be opening up my .45 up, Instead of just pointing it at the BG. That guy wouldn`t have a chance to shoot me, I would take the gun pointed at me seriously, And I would be tripping my gun off.

I am not saying that certain guns aren`t deadly, I know they all are. I would have shot the idiot tho. Hell I have heard people from dying from a strike with a newspaper, Dosen`t take much to kill a person.
    I apologize for the insult.

Post imported post

Whatever, the guy's still breathing today. I call that a win/win situation. Maybe he felt more comfortable that he wouldn't get shot telling the guy to GTFO than he did shooting the guy.

Not what I would do, but I won't criticize someone who stands up to crime and comes out on top.

Post imported post

Im afraid that should have been a "Shoot THEN draw" situation

Loan guy should have put a round through the DESK. (and through the robber)

Bulletproof plastic windows arent cheap,but in a situation where theres money around....

AWESOME video. I like how loan guy kicked the desk and the robber away, thus disarming him. Watch that video CLOSELY. the Clerk actually grabs the robbers arms to control him, then kicked him away. Notice the robber jerks forward, but not under his own power.