• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Funny Video of a Self Defense situation

paramedic70002

imported post

Don't talk. Shoot. Repeat. That guy was incredibly lucky. Heck if I'd want to be arguing with a numb skull with my gun in grabbing distance, especially with his (initially) pointed at me. Starts off as a robbery. Changes to a Mexican standoff. Ends up as a debate. Sheesh!

Grapeshot

Legendary Warrior
imported post

He is alive only because Mother Nature was not making selections that day.

Yata hey

sudden valley gunner

imported post

And I would be your back up Manu. LOL.

I was wondering though maybe the guy noticed something about the gun we don't see on the video. Safety on? Something?

But I am with Manu on this one. I couldn't see my self taken the time to have a conversation with someone who has a gun in my face.

wally1120

imported post

I would have shot th SOB for pointing A little .22 or .25 at me in the first place. How stupid can you be to try robbing A place with some .22 LR. You are pretty stupid. I would have put A .45 ACP or 2 down the pipe.

wally1120

imported post

I would have shot th SOB for pointing A little .22 or .25 at me in the first place. How stupid can you be to try robbing A place with some .22 LR. You are pretty stupid. I would have put A .45 ACP or 2 down the pipe.

Kelly Ash

imported post

Not real smart trying to talk a guy down with a gun aimed at you, IMO.

I would expect a guy thats already decided to use a gun to rob me has already made the decisionto kill me to get what he wants...point a gun at me andI am in fear of great bodily harm or death.

Ezrider

imported post

funny video but that guy is extreemly lucky, that small gun he had pointed at him could have very well killed him, size does not matter, i would have drawn and fired.

zack991

imported post

paramedic70002 wrote:
Don't talk. Shoot. Repeat. That guy was incredibly lucky. Heck if I'd want to be arguing with a numb skull with my gun in grabbing distance, especially with his (initially) pointed at me. Starts off as a robbery. Changes to a Mexican standoff. Ends up as a debate. Sheesh!
100% agreed, never give them the few seconds to get shots off. This is not Hollywood where you can talk a bad guy down, that and save your country millions by stopping him from doing it again.

Last Knight

imported post

wally1120 wrote:

.22LR can be plenty deadly, especially at that range. Two or three of those little bullets in your fat head, and the BG has a brand new .45 to threaten his next victim with.

Cute story, but next time: shoot first.

As a whole, actually, I'm not particularly impressed with the loan officer's handling of his weapon, or the situation.

wally1120

imported post

There is no need to say "fat head". I would be freaked out with having a ,22LR pointed at me. I would be opening up my .45 up, Instead of just pointing it at the BG. That guy wouldn`t have a chance to shoot me, I would take the gun pointed at me seriously, And I would be tripping my gun off.

I am not saying that certain guns aren`t deadly, I know they all are. I would have shot the idiot tho. Hell I have heard people from dying from a strike with a newspaper, Dosen`t take much to kill a person.

Last Knight

imported post

wally1120 wrote:
There is no need to say "fat head". I would be freaked out with having a ,22LR pointed at me. I would be opening up my .45 up, Instead of just pointing it at the BG. That guy wouldn`t have a chance to shoot me, I would take the gun pointed at me seriously, And I would be tripping my gun off.

I am not saying that certain guns aren`t deadly, I know they all are. I would have shot the idiot tho. Hell I have heard people from dying from a strike with a newspaper, Dosen`t take much to kill a person.

I apologize for the insult.

marshaul

Campaign Veteran
imported post

Whatever, the guy's still breathing today. I call that a win/win situation. Maybe he felt more comfortable that he wouldn't get shot telling the guy to GTFO than he did shooting the guy.

Not what I would do, but I won't criticize someone who stands up to crime and comes out on top.

Capn Camo

imported post

Im afraid that should have been a "Shoot THEN draw" situation

Loan guy should have put a round through the DESK. (and through the robber)

Bulletproof plastic windows arent cheap,but in a situation where theres money around....

AWESOME video. I like how loan guy kicked the desk and the robber away, thus disarming him. Watch that video CLOSELY. the Clerk actually grabs the robbers arms to control him, then kicked him away. Notice the robber jerks forward, but not under his own power.