• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

A.A. Callister

Nuttycomputer

imported post

Also Posted Here: http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5594

Hey Everyone. I was Open Carryingyesterday hanging out with the family, as usual, and my younger sister was wanting to buy some cowboy boots and hat. So we headed over to A.A. Callister and had a very good experience. Not only was the associate, Dustin, really helpful but about the time we found some boots he stopped and said: "So, I've got to ask you this. Do you ever seem to have any trouble excercising your right to Open Carry."

Caught me a little bit by suprise. I told him he was honestly the first person to actually ask me about it. We talked for a bit. He spoke of another gentleman that carries a Ruger on him all the time that always seems to have some trouble and had been arrested in Magna. I didn't ask him whether he open carries or carries at all but based on his interest I would say he was probably a Conceal guy.

I thought I would post this just to show that for the most part days are uneventful but this is one of those days where I got to meet someone and have a great conversation. So, not to advertise, but if you go near this store please stop in, or write, and let them know that because of Dustin and the store's acceptance of open carry they will be getting buisness.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Nuttycomputer wrote:
Also Posted Here: http://www.utahconcealedcarry.com/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=5594

Hey Everyone. I was Open Carryingyesterday hanging out with the family, as usual, and my younger sister was wanting to buy some cowboy boots and hat. So we headed over to A.A. Callister and had a very good experience. Not only was the associate, Dustin, really helpful but about the time we found some boots he stopped and said: "So, I've got to ask you this. Do you ever seem to have any trouble excercising your right to Open Carry."

Caught me a little bit by suprise. I told him he was honestly the first person to actually ask me about it. We talked for a bit. He spoke of another gentleman that carries a Ruger on him all the time that always seems to have some trouble and had been arrested in Magna. I didn't ask him whether he open carries or carries at all but based on his interest I would say he was probably a Conceal guy.

I thought I would post this just to show that for the most part days are uneventful but this is one of those days where I got to meet someone and have a great conversation. So, not to advertise, but if you go near this store please stop in, or write, and let them know that because of Dustin and the store's acceptance of open carry they will be getting buisness.

I know Dustin very well. I OC all the time in there, they know me by 1st name basis. Everybody in that store knows who I am. I have probably OCed there for the last 3 years or so. Awesome store!

It was actually me he spoke of, that got "arrested" in "Magna, which was actually WVC.

I did at at time or two carry my Ruger Vaquero 44Mag in there. He remembers that cause cause he wanted to "easy my burden to carry such heavy gun":lol:.

TJ

Nuttycomputer

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
I know Dustin very well. I OC all the time in there, they know me by 1st name basis. Everybody in that store knows who I am. I have probably OCed there for the last 3 years or so. Awesome store!

It was actually me he spoke of, that got "arrested" in "Magna, which was actually WVC.

I did at at time or two carry my Ruger Vaquero 44Mag in there. He remembers that cause cause he wanted to "easy my burden to carry such heavy gun":lol:.

TJ

Ah Ha! I thought it might be you TJ but when he said the individual got arrested in Magna I figured it must have been someone else. Although I don't know if it's a good or bad thing that as soon as someone comments about an OCer getting arrested I think of you first. :D

If it's any consolation I asked if the individual that got arrested has received a new car yet out of the deal ;)

I'm also glad to hear it wasn't just a fluke that I went somewhere that happened to be OC friendly. Might have to go back and get some trinkets sometime. Would like to give them buisness.