Thread: Glacier National Park Superintendent Chas Cartwright is a jerk

Post imported post

Read this link

'You can carry but you can't shoot'

"They need to put some very serious thought into what exceptional circumstances it would take for them to discharge a weapon," he said. "I hope people will leave their guns at home."

What a dumb AZZ

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Typical comment from a government beaurocrat. It's exactly what I would expect he would say.

Post imported post

The conflict is you can carry, but you can't shoot" except in cases where a person's life is threatened, Cartwright said
    No $hit Sherlock!

Post imported post

Typical.........

Tell ya what, when Ms. Griz is gnawin' on my skull, I'd say that it's pretty clear my life's in "imminent" danger and I'm fillin' that thing with as much hardcast as I can.
    "Never belittle someone for carrying a small firearm. Commend them for carrying a firearm."
    -OpenCarry.org member MAC702

Post imported post

I added another post about this, we need more positive input in the comments section. There is at least one poster who would love to do away with our rights under the 2nd Amendment.

Read the comments.

Post imported post

JBinMontana wrote:
    "They need to put some very serious thought into what exceptional circumstances it would take for them to discharge a weapon," he said. "I hope people will leave their guns at home."
    Seems to me that target shooting in a National Park should follow the same rules for the rest of the state. You can shoot in the National Forest as long as you are 300' off the roadway and not shooting across a road, and not in a campground or other prohibited area.

Gary Marbut authored an excellentreport about shooting on privateproperty in Montana, which reads, "While a person may be charged with disorderly conduct for firing firearms, application of that charge requires the charged person's intent to disturb the peace and riotous or tumultuous conduct, and such charge does not apply to firing at a shooting range."

It seems to me that this same burden of proof would be required for someone target shooting in a National Park.

Post imported post

Augustin wrote:
    JBinMontana wrote:
    Seems to me that target shooting in a National Park should follow the same rules for the rest of the state. You can shoot in the National Forest as long as you are 300' off the roadway and not shooting across a road, and not in a campground or other prohibited area.

Gary Marbut authored an excellentreport about shooting on privateproperty in Montana, which reads, "While a person may be charged with disorderly conduct for firing firearms, application of that charge requires the charged person's intent to disturb the peace and riotous or tumultuous conduct, and such charge does not apply to firing at a shooting range."

It seems to me that this same burden of proof would be required for someone target shooting in a National Park.
    The point is that there is NO TARGET SHOOTING IN A NATIONAL PARK if you do, you will go to jail.

Post imported post

Bump